Rookie

NFL Network

I've been waiting for years and NFL network really needs to be available for viewing through the NFL app and through the online stream outside of home networks. I've seen  the new message stating that the company is working on making it available soon but that's been like that for months and it is time to actually do something.  At least give somewhat of a definitive timeline on when it will be available. "Soon" is too loose of a restriction.

So please, do something.

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: NFL Network

xandercage wrote:

I've been waiting for years and NFL network really needs to be available for viewing through the NFL app and through the online stream outside of home networks. I've seen  the new message stating that the company is working on making it available soon but that's been like that for months and it is time to actually do something.  At least give somewhat of a definitive timeline on when it will be available. "Soon" is too loose of a restriction.

So please, do something.

Spectrum can do nothing.  It's all about money, and the NFL sells "exclusive streaming rights" to NFL content to various companies (Amazon, Twitter, Verizon) to monetize league property.

Write to commissioner Goodell, and tell him to turn down that money and provide his league's content via streaming for no additional fee....  Not gonna happen.

You will see the NFL Network (and live games streamed outside the home) via their app when the league can no longer get someone to pay a ransom for exclusive streaming rights.

Rookie

dstoffa wrote:

Spectrum can do nothing.  It's all about money, and the NFL sells "exclusive streaming rights" to NFL content to various companies (Amazon, Twitter, Verizon) to monetize league property.

Write to commissioner Goodell, and tell him to turn down that money and provide his league's content via streaming for no additional fee....  Not gonna happen.

You will see the NFL Network (and live games streamed outside the home) via their app when the league can no longer get someone to pay a ransom for exclusive streaming rights.

But Spectrum does have this right. It is the legacy TWC customers that are unable to access the streaming of the network. Spectrum is listed as one of the major network providers when prompted to log in for credentials. 

I'm simply asking Spectrum to provide an update as to when legacy TWC customers will be able to enjoy the same perks that other Spectrum customers enjoy.

Established Sharer

Thursday Night Football streaming rights are exclusive to Amazon. ALL mobile streaming is exclusive to Verizon devices.

Rookie

I don't think I've made my point clear.

https://www.nfl.com/watch/auth/SCVJX6F

If you click the above link, it takes you to the authorization page from NFL.com to watch NFL Network. The first option in the second column is Spectrum. When I sign into my account through this, I get an error message stating:

"This app is currently unavailable for Spectrum customers in the former Time Warner Cable service area, but we're working to make it available soon. We're sorry for any inconvenience."

The content is clearly available to some Spectrum customers, but Legacy TWC customers do not get this at the moment. I am simply asking if there is a timeline for this to become available seeing as I've seen this message for months and "soon" is a very loose constraint.

I'm not talking about Thursday Night Football (which is only available on Amazon for 11 games, and ironically those games are also on local networks). I'm not talking about getting rights from the NFL seeing as Spectrum is a participating provider. I just want to know when I can expect to see availability to live streaming of NFL Network in the future.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

If you're referring to general NFL Network programming and not actual live games, you have a point. It's due to carriage agreements from TWC that haven't yet expired and are still in effect. Spectrum will have to renegotiate it's agreement with the NFL as I'm sure it was based on a per subscriber basis. I don't think legacy Bright House customers can sign in either.