Highlighted
Rookie

NFL APP

Can you please fix the error that I receive when trying to sign into the NFL Network/Red zone on Roku. All your customers want to be able to watch football anywhere, not just on their "home network". We would just watch it on our home TVs if we wanted to do that instead of using the Spectrum app. I've read many complaints about this and it doesn't seem that your customer's interest is your top priority. You should get this fixed before September or you will most likely lose a lot of customers, myself included.
5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: NFL APP

There are numerous complaints about it every year, they're not going to allow it.. Costs too much supposedly, they can't break even on it.

And yet there's not only a local channel surcharge, and now a Sports surcharge......

Gotta pay those 30 million a year salaries somehow.....

Established Sharer

Spectrum has no say in the matter. There are numerous (too many to keep up with) exclusive contracts between the NFL and various other content providers that prevent Spectrum from allowing streaming of games outside of the customer's home network.  

For example, Amazon is the exclusive streaming partner for Thursday Night Football. The games will be aired nationally on either NBC or CBS but if any cable company allowed the NBC or CBS (or even the NFL Network) feeds to be streamed to their customers outside of their home network it would violate the terms of the contract the NFL has with Amazon.

Community Manager

@Bopper384

The Spectrum TV App national feed for the NFL Network is set to "blackout mode" during the preseason.  Customers can see games on their authorized Set Top Boxes which feature local market teams on local broadcasters.  If the issue continues after the regular season begins, please let us know.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Rookie

It is now the regular season. Apparently you weren't referring to the app when you said it was set to "blackout mode" during the preseason because now I get "We're working to get this issue resolved."
Participant

Re: NFL APP - NOT SOLVED

So if I try to log to watch NFL Network live on my iPhone, I get this:  

"App Unavailable

This app is currently unavailable for Spectrum customers in the former Time Warner Cable service area, but we're working to make it available soon.  We're sorry for any inconvenience.

To see what apps are available in your service area, please visit www.spectrum.net/tvchannelapps

ELI-1050"

Clearly, the issue is NOT fixed...so this thread being marked "solved" is not correct.