Highlighted
Newcomer

NBC Sports Authentication Error

I have used my Spectrum login to use the NBC Sports app on my mobile devices (iPhone and Android) and Xbox One for well over a year now. While the apps have the apps are not the best, I have always been able to stream games from NBC, NBCSN, and other NBC affiliated channels that are paid for in my Time Warner Cable and Spectrum subscription. Recently I have come across a problem where live events do not even show up on my Xbox One app and I get an "Authentication Error" on my Android app where I am now informed "it looks like you're not a subscriber to this channel. Please contact your provider." I am able to pull up live NBC content by visiting the nbcsports.com website, so I do not understand why the apps, providing the same content, is unavailable to me.

Again, I have been using these apps for well over a year, what changed?

6 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: NBC Sports Authentication Error

One of the channels you mentioned was NBC Sports. Looking at the partner app 

page I do not see that the Xbox is not a supported device. 

Get closer to the sports you love from NBC and NBCSN with the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
NBC Sports

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Apple TV® | Fire TV | ROKU®

You can check the other channels here: Partner Apps

to see what devices are supported. They do change slightly 

from time to time. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I am getting the same error on my iphone

Lead Moderator

Hi @yurij

I encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care team to look into 

the permissions for your account. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I signed up, last Friday (2/9) for the Spectrum TV Choice and picked NBC Sports Network as one of my ten choices. I can see NBC Sports as one of the selections on my Spectrum Account Under TV: Choice Tier. This tells me Spectrum has me in their system.

However, when I try to watch anything, the NBC Sports app on both my Android Phone AND ROKU box display an authentication error: " your subsription package doesn't include this programming. To add this call..... Message: QE12DCSN01"

This is exceptionally frustrating as I signed up for the TV Choice in part to watch the Olympics on the app. 

I'm having the same issue.
Rookie

Well it seems that your account has to include BOTH the NBC Sports channel and USA Network. I originally selected NBCSN but not USA. The response team on Facebook contacted a Spectrum Engineer who indicated the USA requirement. I called and them swap in USA for another channel and , after overnight uodates, its now working.