Newcomer

NBC Sports Authentication Error Spectrum TV Choice

I have used my Spectrum login to use the NBC Sports app on my mobile devices (iPhone and Android) and Xbox One for well over a year now. While the apps have the apps are not the best, I have always been able to stream games from NBC, NBCSN, and other NBC affiliated channels that are paid for in my Time Warner Cable and Spectrum subscription. Recently I have come across a problem where live events do not even show up on my Xbox One app and I get an "Authentication Error" on my Android app where I am now informed "it looks like you're not a subscriber to this channel. Please contact your provider." I am able to pull up live NBC content by visiting the nbcsports.com website, so I do not understand why the apps, providing the same content, is unavailable to me.

Again, I have been using these apps for well over a year, what changed?

10 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: NBC Sports Authentication Error

One of the channels you mentioned was NBC Sports. Looking at the partner app 

page I do not see that the Xbox is not a supported device. 

Get closer to the sports you love from NBC and NBCSN with the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
NBC Sports

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Apple TV® | Fire TV | ROKU®

You can check the other channels here: Partner Apps

to see what devices are supported. They do change slightly 

from time to time. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I am getting the same error on my iphone

Lead Moderator

Hi @yurij

I encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care team to look into 

the permissions for your account. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.

Rookie

I signed up, last Friday (2/9) for the Spectrum TV Choice and picked NBC Sports Network as one of my ten choices. I can see NBC Sports as one of the selections on my Spectrum Account Under TV: Choice Tier. This tells me Spectrum has me in their system.

However, when I try to watch anything, the NBC Sports app on both my Android Phone AND ROKU box display an authentication error: " your subsription package doesn't include this programming. To add this call..... Message: QE12DCSN01"

This is exceptionally frustrating as I signed up for the TV Choice in part to watch the Olympics on the app. 

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue.
Rookie

Well it seems that your account has to include BOTH the NBC Sports channel and USA Network. I originally selected NBCSN but not USA. The response team on Facebook contacted a Spectrum Engineer who indicated the USA requirement. I called and them swap in USA for another channel and , after overnight uodates, its now working.

NBC Sports Authentication Hangs

I have been used the NBC Sports app on my Apple TV with my Specrum account  Earlier this week I needed to logout and reset the AppleTV.  I am asked to reauthenticate but the website continually hags from my PC waiting to connect to my provider “Please wait while we send you to your provider to log in …”  I still able to access NBC Sports via my iPhone which previously authenticated and is still loged in.

Lead Moderator

Re: NBC Sports Authentication Hangs

So that we understand you are visiting http://activate.nbcsports.com/ 

1. Visit the activation screen on your device and see a code? 

2 Select Apple TV   

3 Select Spectrum

4  Enter your activation code 

This is the point where the Spectrum Sign In page does not load?

What browser are you using? Have you cleared the cache and history? Have you tried an alternate browser? 

We were not able to re-create the problem. Are you able to login to other Partner apps on the Apple TV or are you having trouble with others as well? 

Regards,
Julia R.

Re: NBC Sports Authentication Hangs

I am having the same issue and NBC Universal has been trying to help with the issue but have not been able to figure out the problem. I am watching on a Roku tv and was fine until Friday morning 2/16/18 when I was asked to activate the app again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared cache, tried a different browser...nothing is working.