Highlighted
Not applicable

NBC Sports App limited content

I've recently switched from Comscast/Xfinity to Spectrum and it's the third time I try to activate one of my old TV channel apps on ROKU and Spectrum will either not let it happen (like with AMC) or limit the content.

Spectrum redirects you to its own "app" (which is NOT an app but rather a drop down menu on the TV just to make it clear) or, even worse, limits the content available in the original app as it just happened to me while trying to watch the Swimming World Championships on NBCSN. This content IS available for subscribers of NBCSN which means I am already paying for it (as my cable plan includes NBCSN). So Spectrum - for some contractual reason or worse - is preventing me from watching content that I am PAYING FOR and would be able to stream in ANY OTHER cable provider.

I really wish there's an explanation for this or I'll definitely switch back to Comcast asap.

Any other people out there with the same issue?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Lead Moderator

Re: NBC Sports App limited content

You can visit our website to see what apps we participate with and find out where they are supported here:   Exclusive TWC Apps & Partner Apps

You will see

New & featured apps

TWC exclusive apps

Premium channel apps

Entertainment apps

Life and style apps

Sports apps

News apps

Kids and teens apps

Get closer to the sports you love from NBC and NBCSN with the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
NBC Sports

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Apple TV® | Fire TV | ROKU®

Watch thousands of live sporting events airing on NBC, NBCSN and Golf Channel LIVE with the NBC Sports app. Watch live coverage anytime, anywhere, on NBCSports.com and with the NBC Sports app available for iOS, android, Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV devices. TWC IDrequired.

We do not limit content on their App, we do not develop maintain or manage

their app.  

Using NBC Sports through our Spectrum TV app the On Demand 

will be different.  You will find a difference between the network apps and our Spectrum TV application. 

Many of our 3rd Party Partner apps do require you to Activate them on a computer prior to use. They generally cannot be activated on a mobile device, a computer would be needed. 

http://activate.nbcsports.com/   

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums