Rookie

Longhorn Network on WatchESPN

It is ridiculous that TWC customers cannot watch Longhorn Network or the SEC Network on the WatchESPN app. The only reason I pay for cable is for sports, yet Time Warner limits what and how I watch programming. 

It's been more than a year and this is still an issue. I guess I'll need to find another cable provider. 

Everyone's Tags (3)
11 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Longhorn Network on WatchESPN

Unfortunately, we have not reached an agreement with those networks to provide access to that content through the WatchESPN app at this time.  My apologies for any inconvenience.

Check out the community guidelines here
Newcomer

What's the status on this? It's 2016!
Participant

There are a handful of channels that TWC seems to not be able to, or willing to negotiate streaming agreements with.  This has been going on for at least 2 years now.  They are:  Longhorn Network, CNN livestream, TNT, and TCM.  At least a couple of these channels, TCM and CNN livestream, are owned by the Time Warner spinoff that happened a few years ago and I've always wondered if that had anything to do with the amazing lack of progress TWC has demonstrated in getting these channels available to stream or if there are other factors at work here.  Anyway...what I and others have learned from this is:  don't expect TWC to make any of these channels available to stream anytime soon, if ever.  Also, don't expect them to say a single word to customers about what, if any, progress they are making towards getting these channels available to stream despite countless requests for information.  All we ever get from TWC customer service is "Sorry we do not have agreements with these providers to stream these channels."  See TWC-JeremiahS's post above and the deafening silence to ctgizmo's subsequent request for the status of the situation for proof.  Just terrible.

FR
Newcomer

Is Time Warner even trying to reach an agreement with ESPN to support the Longhorn Network app?

Is anyone at TW or ESPN willing to disclose to their customers what the problem is? Assuming that it is money, what is the relative positions of the 2 companies?

Participant

Should happen when the ESPN contract is up. Last one was signed in 2010.
Rookie

Just found this thread again. It's 9 months later and no progress. TWC you don't appear to care about your customers, so I'll be taking my business to ATT Uverse, which doesn't appear to have these issues.

Newcomer

"The WatchESPN app and WatchESPN.com have you covered with live streaming access to the following ESPN networks: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network +, ESPN News, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network and Goal Line/Buzzer Beater. Live streams of all the WatchESPN Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive ESPN as part of their Time Warner Cable TV plan."  False advertisement much?

Newcomer

danfuentes wrote:

"The WatchESPN app and WatchESPN.com have you covered with live streaming access to the following ESPN networks: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network +, ESPN News, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network and Goal Line/Buzzer Beater. Live streams of all the WatchESPN Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive ESPN as part of their Time Warner Cable TV plan."  False advertisement much?

Accessing your favorite live sports and shows from ESPN is now easier than ever with WatchESPN. WatchESPN brings you 24/7 live programming from your favorite ESPN networks on your computer, smart phone, tablet, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV and Roku. The WatchESPN app and WatchESPN.com have you covered with live streaming access to the following ESPN networks: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network +, ESPN News, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network and Goal Line/Buzzer Beater. Live streams of all the WatchESPN Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive ESPN as part of their Time Warner Cable TV plan.

To start watching on your mobile device:

1. Download the WatchESPN app.

Visit our Apps page to see the various download options.

1. Select Time Warner Cable as your TV provider when prompted.
  2. Enter your TWC ID username and password.

Updated version

Newcomer

You still can't watch LHN via the Watch ESPN app if you are Time Warner customer.  Nothing has changed in that regard.

@TWC-JeremiahS