Lead Moderator

Re: Fox News app doesn't have Spectrum or TWC as options on provider now

@Mrzrex

Good morning. You would not be eligible for the App if you do not subscribe

to a package that includes that channel. This is the case for most channels.

I encourage you to contact Fox News with your feedback. In the future they

may offer a subscription to their channel without a cable tv package. 

I do see some information and content is available on the website without having to 

login. 

http://www.foxnews.com/

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

@Mrzrex wrote:

It is total crap...! I downloaded the Fox News app and it won't work...! I only have Spectrum internet and it gives me "not allowed by service provider" which is total ****

Charter communications is not affilliated with Fox and should have no say in what the hell I want to watch. How dare they block it and when I called they completely deny they are doing it !!!!!!!

Think of it this way. Just because you can drive on the road (surf the internet) doesn't mean McDonald's (networks like Fox News) is obligated to give you a free hamburger.

Newcomer

I have a cable TV package and when I try logging in via charter / spectrum on FoxNews Go it just loops indefinitley and eventually returns a non responding server error, you can NOT even sign in as charter/spectum anymore. Every other provider leads to a sign on page except for spectrum, what is the deal, it used to always work for years, even after merger?

The Charter ISP / server simply will not respond for login to foxnews site when trying to watch. This started about a few months ago, similar in time as to when Fox was pulled off the air and Charter / Spectrum just had up an add about it's disagreement with Fox, luckily this ended just before the World Cup started but yet, online it still doesn't work. what gives?

Here  is the exact error message, been going on for months for all computers and phones we use.

"The connection has timed out

The server at idp.aws.charter.net is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Newcomer

Not enough people want it? Laughable.