Rookie

ESPN on remote devices

Spectrum is aware of an inability to log into ESPN on remote devices and has done nothing to resolve the problem for over two months.  Has anyone else had this problem ?

9 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: ESPN on remote devices

Good morning.

I am not seeing a posted issue and I am able to login both on a iPhone 6, iPad and Android phone. 

What issue are you seeing? When you load the application what happens? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Here are screen shots of what happens, and when I spoke to your representative on the phone I was told that they are aware of the issue and when I asked if they would let me know when it is resolved they said no, I would just have to keep trying, and NO IT STILL DOES NOT WORK

Your rep asked me to attach a screen shot of the problem and there is no way to attach anything to this.

Observer

Julia, Im not sure what you're doing but I've had the same issue for over a month. ESPN is bypassing the credentials page for Spectrum and providing me with an invalid authentication. 

There have been other posts on which Ive commented, and those threads seem to have been deleted. Is there any feedback you can provide other than , "Im not having this problem?" because it seems that many people are having this problem, both with ESPN and ABC apps on their devices. 

Lead Moderator

If you would like to provide us with additional information about your specific 

situation we can certainly escalate this for further review. 

I am still not seeing this posted as a known issue. If you would like to contact

us directly we can be reached at Forums_Help

1. Your account number for verification

2. Your service address

3. Your username

4. Devices you have tried to use

5. The OS version of the devices

6. App versions and web browser name and versions

7. Screen shots please of the steps you are taking and result

Regards,
Julia R.

Observer

Hi Julia-

I'd prefer to keep it in the forum, so others experiencing this error can view it. And Im certainly not going to post my home address on the internet, but you're more than welcome to send me a message privately and I'll provide the info you need. 

Short of my account number, I can tell you that I'm trying to activate/authenticate the ESPN app on my apple tv within my home, which also features Spectrum internet. Ive used both apple devices and windows, and multiple browsers on each device (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE).  

Here's a series of tweets from another user with the same exact issue: 

https://twitter.com/therealjustin/status/982106523957510144

I've also attached a screenshot showing what I see after I attempt to authenticate my device. ESPN bypasses the spectrum login page, every single time. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 6.52.33 PM.png

Lead Moderator

We would ask that you provide your information to our Forums_Help direct messages, not on the public forums page.

Looking at your screen shot it looks like you are already logged in. espn.JPG

Since you are not then able to view the content we would need to review the 

account and escalate this.  I was able to login with multiple accounts from 

here and was able to watch content.

When you are navigating to the ESPN.com/Activate website do you see this?

espnactivate.JPG

Do you get an activation code in your Apple TV when you try to load Watch ESPN?

We do not have an Apple TV to troubleshoot in my department but I was able to 

activate the ESPN channel on the Roku. I do see that the Apple TV platform is supported 

by ESPN. 

I added the channel ( on Roku) then opened the channel. If I click on one of the listed programs it asks me if i want to "Watch Now"    I selected that and then am directed to the screen that asks me to choose my TV Provider. (so far none of this process involves 

Spectrum or Spectrum Authentication) 

It does not list Spectrum on that first page, I have to select More providers.

Then it provides me with a Activation Code.  (Still not needing authentication from Spectrum)

Once you have that code you would want to go to a browser (I used Chrome)

(On a laptop or desktop. I was not able to use a browser on a mobile device)

www.espn.com/activate , you should see the screen shot above that says Activate Device and has a space for a code.

I entered in the code and then it asks me to select a provider. Top row

(for me) is AT&T then Spectrum.  After selecting Spectrum I get a screen that indicates Success! Right after that the channel begins to play (on the Roku).

Can you tell us step by step the process you are taking and where you are not

seeing the results I list. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Observer

Those are the exact steps I've taken, and I've attached a picture of the error I see. 

I've also attached a tweet from ESPN acknowledging the error, stating that they are working with Spectrum on a resolution. This directly contridicts everything I've read from Spectrum, who says that no such problem exists. 

DZA7toJV4AAfktM.jpg'Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 7.26.50 PM.png

Rookie

I am having this exact same issue. I've been on the phone with ESPN Support and they've mentioned it's a Spectrum issue. I am having this issue only on Roku connected devices that have downloaded the new ESPN app (with ESPN+). My iPad and iPhones that have the old WatchESPN app are not having any issues.

I get the same error screens as were posted in this thread. Please help.

Rookie

I also signed out of the ESPN app. Removed the channel, then re-signed in. Still no luck