Observer

Connecting to ESPN Watch

In addition to not being allowed to connect to NBC Sport, I just found that I am not allowed to connect to ESPN Watch. I am attempting to stream a basketball game Away from Home on my laptop. I have been able to connect to both of these sites for many months but apparently something has changed. What's up? Please note that both of these sites are included in my Spectrum service. 

9 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Connecting to ESPN Watch

The Spectrum streaming app has to be receiving the video content over your Spectrum home connection. 

Lead Moderator

Good morning @Fritz1

Get closer to the sports you love from NBC and NBCSN with the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
NBC Sports

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Apple TV® | Fire TV | ROKU®

and 

Enjoy 24/7 live programming from ESPN on your computer, smartphone and tablet with the WatchESPN app.
WatchESPN

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Apple TV® | Kindle Fire | Xbox One™ | Windows 8 | Fire TV | Chromecast | ROKU®

These are both supported and do not require that you be on your home network.

Are you getting an error message? Are you able to login to any of the other partner or 

Spectrum Apps?

I encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care Team at 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

Thanks karlbeckman, but I have been able to connect to both NBCSN and ESPN Watch apps from my laptop for many months even when I am not at home and not connected to my Spectrum home connection. For example, I watched three Premier League matches last Saturday and Sunday via the NBCSN connection while away from home. So, I am wondering what has changed and what I need to do to connect successfully. Currently, the NBCSN app asks for my provider, connects to the Spectrum log-on page and asks for me to log-on. However, once I log-on, I am returned to NBCSN which again asks for my provider etc.  This pattern repeats no matter how often I try to connect. Never happened before. Same routine with ESPN Watchj.

Observer

Thanks Julia_R,

I often connect via my laptop remotely and not through my Spectrum home network.

I am not getting an error message. For example, the NBCSN app asks for my provide, then sends me to the Spectrum log-on page. After I provide my user name and password, I am returned to NBCSN which asks me for my provider, and the above steps repeat no matter  often I log-on.  This is new (I watched three soccer matches last week-end over MSNBC). I am able to connect remotely via my phone but the image is so small that a magnifying glass is a must!!

Lead Moderator

Hi again!

Ive tested with several logins and accounts here and am not getting that 

loop. What type of laptop? Have you cleared the browser history, cookies etc? 

What browser are you using?

Regards,
Julia R.

Observer

Thanks Julia_R.

I have solved the problem through trial and error!

The solution is to re-set Safari Preferences - I installed the latest High Sierra update two days ago. It seems that simply going into Safari Preferences and re-setting the Plug-in permissions for ADOBE Flash Player did the trick.

FYI,  my laptop is a MacBook Pro running fully-updated High Sierra software and fully updated Safari.

Observer

Also, thanks for your efforts to help. Every update OS seems to need post-install tweaking.
Observer

Re: Connecting to ESPN Watch and NBCSN

I must offer my apologie if I suggested in earlier posts that Spectrum was at-fault -- clearly, it was not. Re-setting browser permissions was a "dumb-luck" find - Who knew? But, perhaps all of this will help someone else. I should have nkown better than to think that simply downloading an OS update would be the whole story :-)

Lead Moderator

Glad to hear its sorted out!

Thank you for sharing the fix! I  imagine this will help many Apple users!

Regards,
Julia R.