Highlighted
Rookie

Can't watch TCM online and app on Spectrum

I used to be able  to use the Watch TCM app and watch TCM online with Time Warner. Now that it changed to Spectrum I can no longer use the app or watch online . We pay for TCM we should be able to get these apps and  watch online. Spectrum is a rip off.

8 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Can't watch TCM online and app on Spectrum

[ Edited ]

Spectrum would not pay them for that feature. Look for those channels to get moved to a more expensive tier as well.  Also, you need to reset/reload the AP if you changed from TWC to Spectrum, as well as CHANGE your "MyServices" Password... The transition has tons of flaws and records aren't fully transfered without a password change of all things.Robot SadWoman SadSmiley Sad.

You may also need to reset your cable boxes/ dvr's and modem. I doubt you tried all that.

Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

@Thegoof1226  

We do have TCM programming available through our SpectrumTV website and app but do not, and have not, been a provider through the TCM application or website.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused you and do thank you for your feedback on this. 

Resetting your password and rebooting your equipment will not provide access to the TMC App or website. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

Is this something that you will be adding soon? The login for the "Watch TCM" has a choice of cable providers and Charter/Spectrum is one of them. If you have changed everything over, then why doesn't this Charter/Spectrum choice work?
Browser

Also, when I watch TCM through the Spectrum (free) app on demand, I have been getting charged for movies. This is a major flaw since I pay for the TCM channel tier. Every time I watch a movie on demand from TCM, through your spectrum app, I get a $2.99 charge. I would appreciate if that was fixed. Everything on or through the app is free. And as I said, I pay for the TCM network in my subscription.
Sharer

Amylee wrote:
Also, when I watch TCM through the Spectrum (free) app on demand, I have been getting charged for movies. This is a major flaw since I pay for the TCM channel tier. Every time I watch a movie on demand from TCM, through your spectrum app, I get a $2.99 charge. I would appreciate if that was fixed. Everything on or through the app is free. And as I said, I pay for the TCM network in my subscription.

The app (software) is free.  This does not mean that the content you watch on the free app is free.  Not every provider has an agreement in place for their content to be provided "on-demand", and I am certain that this is the case with TCM.  I know they (TWC for sure, not sure about Spectrum) don't have a deal in place for TNT.

If there is no disclaimer that you are being charged for the show you are about to watch, you may have a case for a refund.  If it is Spectrum's app, then you should have been warned (or informed that you cannot watch that show).  If the app is TCM's, then you might just be buying the movie from TCM directly, and not through Spectrum.  You are paying a price similar to those charge by amazon.com and itunes for a single show / viewing / 24-hr rental.

What app are you using? And on what platform are you using it?  (iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, Roku)

Browser

I'm using the spectrum app. On my iPhone. There is nothing you can buy through the app. If you subscribe to a channel through TWC or Spectrum then those channels/networks are all free to watch. I can watch all other channels through the spectrum app and not get charged. I only got charged for watching through the TCM Network. Nothings in the app even has a price because if you subscribe to the networks then you should be able to watch those networks free within the app.
Rookie

I guess this is another "If you want your doctor; you can keep your doctor" situation.  Somethimes change is not good.  I may finally make the switch to Fios.

Lead Moderator

If you will please contact us directly with your account number we wouid like

to have this looked into.     Forums_Help

If you view the same program through your cable box by doing a search in the guide do you see a charge associated with the title? 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums