Observer

Can't log in to Fox News App on Android

I'm having a problem signing into the Fox News stand alone app on Android. When it gets to the signin, it asks for your provider. Prior to the merger, there were separate Time Warner / Spectrum and Charter/Spectrum logins.  The Charter/Spectrum login didn't work for those of us who came from Time Warner.  Post merger that's changed for many stand alone apps to Spectrum.

The only choice for provider now on Fox News' list is Charter / Spectrum.  However, when the login permissions page comes up, it doesn't allow me to enter any information, not my ID or password.  This is the only app that's not allowing typing in those boxes, so I don't think it's something having to do with my setup.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Fox News App and still I couldn't log in.  

Is anyone else having this issue?   I don't know if there's an issue that Spectrum needs to address with the Fox News app people or if it'a an issue on the Fox New app side.

7 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Can't log in to Fox News App on Android

[ Edited ]

Good morning. 

doing some testing here with several personal accounts and with several test accounts

we are able to login using Charter/Spectrum on  Android, Apple and PC without error.

I would suggest doing "clear data & clear Cache" then deleting the application, turning the device completely off and rebooting. Once it has rebooted redownload the app and try that again.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

I did all of the above and it still didn't work.  I click on Charter / Spectrum provider choice, get to the page with the account entry boxes, when I go to enter my ID nothing shows up in the box despite seeing that typing is occuring from the word completion that's showing.

I am able to use my iPad with that Fox News app; I actually never had a problem with that one, only my Android tablet app.

Is this something that could be hitting former Time Warner subscribers? Or could this be something on the Fox News app side?

Expert

Change your password.... it's the only way to get the TWC login moved to Spectrum aps...

That updates across all the servers

Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

That is not quite the case @MsRaye. While we have seen that resetting the password

is helpful in some cases that is not true with most. 

The problem with this seems to be that his Android device is not allowing him 

to type into the username and password fields. We have not been able to 

reproduce the problem on any of our devices with multiple different account 

logins. 

If there are any other folks out there that use Android and have migrated to Spectrum packaging are you able to login to this App? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Can't log in to Fox News App on Android

Count me in also as one who cannot sign in to Fox News app. Same thing: when you are at the log-in box and try to enter username and password nothing gets typed into the box. Does not happen with any other app. Using Asus MeMO Tablet running Android 5.1.1
Observer

Sorry that you're also having a problem, but I'm glad to see it's not just me.

Misery loves company Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Observer

Still having the same problem.  FoxNews app is the only one where I have this login issue.