Cable provider (TW or Legacy Spectrum) not listed as provider to log into live TV on certain apps

When trying to log into "Live TV"  on the news apps, you have to select your Cable Provider and log in.  Time Warner has been removed from most of these apps and only "Charter | Spectrum" remains.  The problem is that the TW logins only work on" Legacy Spectrum", not "Charter | Spectrum".  So now I am not able to log into any of the apps for live TV.  I have contacted both Spectrum and Fox News (that was just one of the company's that had done this and provided contact info). Spectrum has confirmed that we can log in using straight Legacy "Spectrum" however that is not an option on the app.  They have also confirmed that I can NOT log in using "Charter|Spectrum" as I am a previous TW customer and not a Charter customer.  Any other Legacy TW customers having this issue?

From: Fox News <contactus@foxnews.com> Date: August 10, 2017 at 2:58:09 PM EDT To:  Subject: RE: Cable provider not listed for live TV Reply-To: Fox News <contactus@foxnews.com>

##### REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE #####

Spectrum reached out to us to have all the logins consolidated into one. We followed these instructions. You should be able to login using the one Spectrum logo that we offer. Please contact Spectrum to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

6 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Cable provider (TW or Legacy Spectrum) not listed as provider to log into live TV on certain app

It works for me. I tried several different apps including Fox News, CNN, and TBS and they all work fine using Charter Spectrum as the provider with existing TWC/Spectrum login info.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cable provider (TW or Legacy Spectrum) not listed as provider to log into live TV on certain app

CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.

Spectrum Employee

I ran into this same problem recently with my Starz app login. TWC Spectrum no longer shows up, contacted Starz and they said to use the Charter | Spectrum. Was still not working. The lady put me on hold for about 5 min, asked me to try again, and it worked just fine. I asked her what she did and she said she had to clear my login from their side. Not sure how FoxNews app works, but to correct my similar Starz problem, they handled it on their end, and I did not have to reach out to Spectrum for a resolution. MsRaye's suggestion might also do the trick as it forces a new login.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions

Thank you, I'll try changing the password.

It worked!!!! Thank you so much 😊

Changing the password worked, thank you!!