AMC app non responsive

I am trying to log in to the AMC app on my iPad using my tv service provider, Spectrum.  Spectrum does not respond.  I get the message “Please wait while we send you to your provider to log in...”.  I wait and wait and wait and nothing. My iOS is up to date and so is my AMC app.  So, what’s up? Any clues? I can’t even get to the page to log in using my Spectrum info. 

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: AMC app non responsive

@Kawahinewrote:

I am trying to log in to the AMC app on my iPad using my tv service provider, Spectrum.  Spectrum does not respond.  I get the message “Please wait while we send you to your provider to log in...”.  I wait and wait and wait and nothing. My iOS is up to date and so is my AMC app.  So, what’s up? Any clues? I can’t even get to the page to log in using my Spectrum info. 

Can I assume this was last night during TWD / FTWD?

Does it work today?

Is this problem repeated for other apps?

While the system could simply have been overwhelmed, I've read over at Stop the Cap dot com that some service providers are changing the way they participate in "on-the-go" apps.  The article I've read is that the number of devices which can use your credentials (username / password) will be limited and devices will have to be registered.

Charter / Spectrum is on the list, but I've yet to hear anything formal from the cable company.

Rookie

Hello

I have a question for you, when you do click on  your timewarner ..( now spectrum ) & when you look at the broswer does it  state this web address -http//sp.authadadobe.com? Instead of charter(which is the owner company) So yes I feel your fraustraions..I have the same problem with 3rd party websites ,  but only with tv networks, EX:mtv, abc.go lifeime, bravo Etc.. all other apps  including or websites & the timewarner app(spetrum) have no issue.. the spectum tech just left , & even logged on my internet account & it worked just fine.. I am going out of my mind with this issue...

Lead Moderator

@Kawahine  Are you still having difficulty? 

One thing I would check is how many apps are open./how much available storage you have on the device. I have had issues when my iPhone has too many apps/pictures/music. I just had to delete a bit of it and everything worked smoothly again.

Do you have trouble with the website or app on another device? 

@123456 I encourage you to begin your own thread, your issue is most likely not the same one as our OP. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Kawahine & Julia _R

Yes all devices are not responding Android, AirMac IPhone 8+ & I checked all devices & rebooted disconnected. All devices several times over the past 6 months .. and all devices have plenty of storage , I have not used not even 1/4 of storage , I also deleted all history on both safari & google ..So I have more than enough storage capacity of all devices storage..
Tech was here yesterday & could not solve my issues.. I have never had a problem with this certain situation ever in my history of cable / internet..until spectrum took over.. I am still on time Warner , perhaps that’s the issue when I try to sign in with spectrum? I read a few discussions on other sites other than this one , and there are others that have the same situation & issues , and all of theses folks state the spectrum take over & their service has gone downhill from than on .. and 2 of these folks are also still under Time Warner accounts .. there seems to be many issues periodically, tv interruptions, internet in & out , Loss of TV guide on tv ,
Spectrum app continues to state while I’m watching live tv , sorry not available at this time try later , also when I’m still in the same room , I see your away , you will not be able to get all channels while your away from home , not all channels are available due to this .. I than about get 5 minutes later ,I see welcome home , again I never left the area & still had the internet and or WiFi.. I’m totally disgusted & very disappointed..
Rookie

May I ask how do I set up my own forum??I forgot to mention on my 1st reply , that I have a issue when I try to watch locked episodes on websites, such as Abc.go, MTV lifetime , TLC & so on & so for ..so when I have to verify my cable provider I click on spectrum , than it goes through the protocol ,& sends me to my cable provider to sign in , than it just continues to just buffer & after a few minutes it displays website is can not be reached .. very aggravating !
Rookie

May I ask how do I set up my own thread? forgot to mention , that I have a issue when I try to watch locked episodes on websites, such as Abc.go, MTV lifetime , TLC & so on & so for ..so when I have to verify my cable provider I click on spectrum , than it goes through the protocol ,& sends me to my cable provider to sign in , than it just continues to just buffer & after a few minutes it displays website is can not be reached .. very aggravating ! Yes all devices are not responding Android, AirMac IPhone 8+ & I checked all devices & rebooted disconnected. All devices several times over the past 6 months .. and all devices have plenty of storage , I have not used not even 1/4 of storage , So I have more than enough storage capacity of all devices storage..
Tech was here yesterday & could not solve my issues.. I have never had a problem with this certain situation ever in my history of cable / internet..until spectrum took over.. I am still on time Warner , perhaps that’s the issue when I try to sign in with spectrum? I read a few discussions on other sites other than this one , and there are others that have the same situation & issues , and all of theses folks state the spectrum take over & their service has gone downhill from than on .. and 2 of these folks are also still under Time Warner accounts .. there seems to be many issues periodically, tv interruptions, internet in & out , Loss of TV guide on tv ,
Spectrum app continues to state while I’m watching live tv , sorry not available at this time try later , also when I’m still in the same room , I see your away , you will not be able to get all channels while your away from home , not all channels are available due to this .. I than about get 5 minutes later ,I see welcome home , again I never left the area & still had the internet and or WiFi.. I’m totally disgusted & very disappointed..
Rookie

Yes all devices are not responding Android, AirMac IPhone 8+ & I checked all devices & rebooted disconnected. All devices several times over the past 6 months .. and all devices have plenty of storage , I have not used not even 1/4 of storage , So I have more than enough storage capacity of all devices storage..I also deleted history on both safari & chrome..