Newcomer

3rd Party Apps not working with TWC Spectrum Login

I thought this was a problem isolated to STARZ apps (on roku and iPad), but I just found the same issue with HBO GO, EPIX, and Showtime Anytime.  None of these apps are recognizing that I have a valid subscription when I try to log in using my TWC Spectrum user account info.  This was not a problem a few days ago, so I assume something in the TWC Spectrum system is not passing my subscription info on to STARZ, HBO Go, EPIX, Showtime, etc.  This problem seemed to start yesterday, 04/26/2017.

6 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: 3rd Party Apps not working with TWC Spectrum Login

i also have the same problem with ABC.go and my TWC ID not being recognized.  I hope there is a fix.

Newcomer

Same problem here!  Very frustrated!  Please fix!

Newcomer

I got the same issue last night. HBO GO, Showtime and Starz all made me reactivate but when I tried to I would get either a message that there were too many pending authorizations or that the channel wasn't available with my subscription package.

There's definitely an issue with the authorization handoff from TWC/Spectrum to each app.  Either the server or something that happened with the changeover. This is not an issue with the apps themselves. I keep trying to explain that to the reps but they don't seem to listen.  

Newcomer

I contacted STARZ about this problem and they confirmed my suspicion that the problem is an authentication issue with TWC Spectrum not passing my subscription confirmation to STARZ (or other specific channel apps).  I shared this information with the most recent TWC Spectrum technical support person I spoke with, but it seemed to go right over his head.  As it is now, sometimes those channel apps work for me, other times they don't.  Wish TWC Spectrum would use some of the money we pay them to fix this problem.

Newcomer

Authentication errors again today using channel apps with my TWC credentials.  Is anyone at TWC working to solve this problem?  I doubt it!

Newcomer

still an issue....so sad.....gonna have to move to ATT if this keeps up

We're sorry, the info you entered doesn't match our records.
To make sure you're using the right sign-in info, or to see which TV channel apps are available in your service area, visit