Seasoned Contributor

is there a way to get a list of the modems in stock at this local twc store ?

i need to know if they got any 16 or 32 download channel modems or  anything thats not obsolete like 8 channels download modems ? ok any info is welcome specialy the list of modems in stock

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: is there a way to get a list of the modems in stock at this local twc store ?

Stop in or call them, some still have listed phone numbers that work....All stores are ordered to give out "reconditioned" modems first, sometimes only tested to  light up...Robot Sad

Unless you're in a Maxx area, there's no guarantee of a 16 ch modem

But
at all stores, it's whatever they have and almost always an advanced gateway and not a modem only, some only have the awfull technicolors

If you've got home phone, you'll get a technicolor.

Spectator

Re: is there a way to get a list of the modems in stock at this local twc store ?

Perhaps other areas have local store telephone numbers but where I'm located there's no way to call to ascertain local inventory. And online chat gives you an 800 number that's not the local store rather it's the customer service number. Was a time you could call the stores in your area to find out what modems and routers were in stock. Not anymore. Instead you have to take your chances and disconnect your router/modem and drive to the various stores. (in my case 3 stores which can be a 125 mile road trip if you visit all 3 stores) .

Even the ability to email the local stores would be better than driving around searching for the model desired. Of course if I could afford the outlay I'd purchase the router and modem but that's not an option for now.
FLgent