Newcomer

Spectrum Business Internet/Voice bundle, IPv6 on Arris DG1670A causes reboots

I have just been told by a Spectrum Business technical support representative that native IPv6 is not supported for Business Class customers.  I was recently switched from TWCBC to Spectrum Business and got the Internet/Voice bundle.   Prior to Spectrum, I was a happy TWCBC Internet customer running native IPv6 on an older Arris at 15/2 with my own Vonage ATA and pfSense hanging off the modem which was in bridge mode.

Since my gear was upgraded for the Spectrum bundle (Arris DG1670A and a separate Voice modem) I am pulling the  same prefix and DHCP6 options as I was before, but the Arris DG1670A is rebooting every hour especially when the voice modem is in use.  Techs have been out 5 times, replacing modems every time (same model) and now I've got a new construction cable leading to the street pole for the Internet modem and the Voice modem is on the original construction line.  No splitters, no CATV.

When IPv6 is disabled on the Arris, the modem stays up for days.  When I enable IPv6 and start passing v6 traffic, the Arris reboots.  

Is it really true that Residential Ipv6 is supported, but not for Business Class customers?  One of the techs installed an Ubee, but that was just as bad as the Arris with ipv6 enabled.  Can anyone recommend a modem, provided by Spectrum Business, that will allow me to run native IPv6?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum Business Internet/Voice bundle, IPv6 on Arris DG1670A causes reboots

Fossicker wrote:

I have just been told by a Spectrum Business technical support representative that native IPv6 is not supported for Business Class customers.  I was recently switched from TWCBC to Spectrum Business and got the Internet/Voice bundle.   Prior to Spectrum, I was a happy TWCBC Internet customer running native IPv6 on an older Arris at 15/2 with my own Vonage ATA and pfSense hanging off the modem which was in bridge mode.

When IPv6 is disabled on the Arris, the modem stays up for days.  When I enable IPv6 and start passing v6 traffic, the Arris reboots.  

Is it really true that Residential Ipv6 is supported, but not for Business Class customers?  One of the techs installed an Ubee, but that was just as bad as the Arris with ipv6 enabled.  Can anyone recommend a modem, provided by Spectrum Business, that will allow me to run native IPv6?

Welcome to Spectrum, you'll be sorry you switched!  No, your statement above is not true, but not in the way you would like to hear.  IPv6 on the old Arris modems doesn't work at all for Home or Business users when you have an EMTA modem for telephone service, which uses IPv4. 

There is a rumor that one model of EMTA modem does actually work well  even with IPv6 running on the separate internet modem, but that has not been confirmed by the technical folks.   Some of us suspect that the real problem is the CMTS cannot process both IPv4 and IPv6 signalling on the same circuit at the same time.

Expert

Re: Spectrum Business Internet/Voice bundle, IPv6 on Arris DG1670A causes reboots

It is available, they install a seperate voice EMTA modem (4 line Ubee) and the internet is on  a 2nd Ubee, it appears to run both IP4 and 6  and provides private wireless lotally seperate from the 3rd modem...

They install a 3rd modem to drive a Ruckus twc wifi hotspot.