Participant

Re: SB6183 - Firmware fix for IPv6 rolling out this week

I got it early Tuesday AM when I rebooted the modem.  I didn't realize I had it though as there is NOTHING in the log about new firmware and I checked only the Status page and log page after rebooting.  Plus, log page says IPv4 ONLY. 

What is really strange is that ONLY Vivaldi and dangerous IE 10 (that I rarely use) say I have it when I do IPv6 connectivity tests.  All my gecko browsers (my preferred browsers - Firefox, Pale Moon and SeaMonkey) when I do IPv6 connectivity tests say I ONLY have IPv4.  I rebooted the modem and the browsers and they still don't see IPv6.  Opera 12.18 also sees ONLY IPv4 on connectivity tests. 

The modem log now is extremely bad.  Why?  There is almost no information now in it. UGH.

I had the modem's webpage as a pinned tab in all browsers where you can do that and after the firmware push those tabs were dead and I had to fiddle around to get to the modem's web page as the address I had been using no longer worked.

I am very relieved to finally have the horrible blue gone on the LED buttons but not happy that my preferred browsers think I still have only IPv4.

Expert

the IPv4-6 indication on the modems status page is just  the TWC administrative interface , has supposedly no effect on the wan user port.

Expert

do you see a " FW download from NM" in the log?

Observer

I did get the new firmware and an ipv6 address, though a few basic tests failed. Im pretty sure the problem is on my side so i'll troubleshoot that when i get time. Thanks.

Participant

No there is nothing about firmware download in the log.  Something is wrong with the log's capability now also.  It is showing old entries at the bottom and then ONLY the latest entry near the top.  I've rebooted the modem several times since I noticed this problem and only the current boot information shows in the log.  I haven't cleared the log in ages as usually the older entries automatically drop off as new entries are made. 

So the entry relevant to when this modem got the new firmware is NO LONGER in the log.  When that entry was showing in the log, I checked for FW download in that entry and it wasn't there. 

Participant

I figured out the problem.  I use a local proxy (the Proxomitron with config files from Dec 2011) since 2001 on all browsers.  I had bypassed the proxy when testing to see if I had IPv6 now and when doing the dslreports.com speed test using IPv6.  Bypassing the proxy works correctly on IE and Vivaldi but does not work correctly on gecko based browsers or on old Opera.  I had forgotten that when I use one of these browsers and want to use IPv6 that I have to actually go into the browser and change how it connects to the internet (put it to direct connection) instead of simply bypassing my local proxy.  Once I did this on Fx then I was able to do the dslr.com speed test using IPv6 server and I get 10 out of 10 points at http://test-ipv6.com/.

Newcomer

I seem to be unable to get the update, I've rebooted my 6183 many times - even tried factory reset a few times. Now the webUI wont even load. 

Browser

Rebooting the modem yourself isn't going to start the upgrade process. Unfortunately you're going to have to wait for TWC to push the firmware to your modem, at which point they'll remotely initiate a reboot.
Expert

They upgraded NE ohio 6183's last week and folks are now getting 10/10 on v6 tests...

the spectrum analyzer is now working... but, they also removed the reset button on the 6183 and 6141 modems... which sucks

anyone know if you can get to it on a port?