Browser

Re: SB6183 - Firmware fix for IPv6 rolling out this week

Unfortunately the rollout order for this update has not been made clear to us, and I still don't have my update despite assurances that it would be complete by the end of last week.

If I don't have the update by Friday morning I'll be getting back in touch with my contact at TWC, and will update the thread with anything useful I'm able to find out.

Seasoned Contributor

i never got the update  if my modem dont get it by friday morning il be buying a brand new sb6190 or better and suing twc/ spectrum for sure

Browser

I would urge patience here. Since others have already got the update and it's worked for them, I'd suggest that it's only a matter of time before you receive yours too. You'll probably only be restoring your IPv6 connectivity a few days earlier by buying a new modem.

Seasoned Contributor

no ipv6 firmware update yet i have lost hope and i also spent the new modem money on food so i now have to wait till next month to buy a new modem cuz this firmware update was some sort of hoax its not happenin ppl

Browser

It's not a hoax. As you can see in other threads, other people have received the firmware update. Unfortunately I haven't received my update yet either, and my contact at TWC has stopped responding to me. If he doesn't get back to me soon I suppose I'll have to re-escalate this with corporate once again.

Observer

My SB6183 still has SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH and I'm in Dallas (Uptown). Been watching this issue for awhile hoping for a resolution.

Participant

I was told that the firmware update would be sometime during a period of about two weeks ENDING AROUND OCT 15.  This information came from the TWC schedule for the update given to Oceanic so I expect this on Tuesday or Wednesday around 4-7AM (as in my experience with Road Runner and Oceanic since 2001, firmware updates usually take place on one of those days during the time period I cited).  If it doesn't materialize by the end of this week then I will ask the Oceanic support manager why and wait for the answer before getting upset and angry.

Browser

I have FINALLY received my firmware update, quite a bit later than I was told this would be. IPv6 is now working correctly. Location: San Antonio, TX.

Observer

As you expected my update came in this afternoon - I am in the Charlotte area.

After enjoying some time with EdgeOS CLI - I am having flawless native IPV6 access _and_ I can now turn off the Modem blinkenlights which is super awesome for our guests!
Participant

Finally got the update here in Wilmington, NC