Highlighted
Browser

SB6183 - Firmware fix for IPv6 rolling out this week

Hello all,

Over the last few weeks I have been  going through an escalation with Time Warner Cable regarding the IPv6 issue with the SB6183 modem, and fortunately I have just been given good news.

According to the escalation engineer I spoke with, he just got off a conference call on the matter in which he was informed that new firmware is rolling out this week, and that it does fix the IPv6 issue.

As with any firmware rollout, this is done in stages and overnight. He told me that the rollout is starting tonight (although I saw another report from someone who said their modem was already fixed), and that it should be fully rolled-out by the end of the week.

Alex

28 REPLIES
Browser

Re: SB6183 - Firmware fix for IPv6 rolling out this week

Although now, playing the conversation back in my head, I'm remembering that he referenced "South Texas" while talking about the rollout schedule. So this might be slightly different for you, depending on your location.

Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]

if i call in can they push this new firmware out right now ?

cuz i have this feeling that the block they put to block ipv6 is causin tons of bad on the modem

also on a side note DO NOT EVER DO TECH CHAT ON THE WEBSITE THRU THE CHAT THINGY those guys they have on there dont know squat about computers or modems or anything 

Browser

No, they won't do this in any kind of targeted manner. Firmware is pushed en-masse to target groups during defined maintenance windows.

The disabling of IPv6 traffic shouldn't be affecting your IPv4 connectivity. If you're having problems with that, then that would suggest that something else is wrong.

Browser

I just checked and my SB6183 updated LAST night!  It is now running D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH and I indeed have IPv6 addresses assigned once again.

I am in the Plano TX area (greater DFW)

Seasoned Contributor

its been a while and  my modem never got the firmware upgrade Smiley Sad

Browser

Mine hasn't arrived yet either. Patience, it will come! Smiley Happy

Participant

drtidmore wrote:

I just checked and my SB6183 updated LAST night!  It is now running D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH and I indeed have IPv6 addresses assigned once again.

I am in the Plano TX area (greater DFW)

Far North Dallas near Preston and Belt Line and still don't have the update.  Smiley Mad  They must have a weird update map.

Be kind when possible. It is always possible.
----- Dalai Lama
Spectator

[ Edited ]

Just checked. No update in West Austin (78733) yet. :-(

Browser

for some weird reason, my area seems to be HIGH on the list with TWC. We have consistently been VERY early in every upgrade/update cycle.  I was totally shocked when I found that my 6183 had been updated before the first hint that such was about to happen.  My experience with TWC over the past half decade of service has been pretty good.  This IPv6 episode is about the only real blemish on thier record from my perspective although I have had to argue a few times to get a better rate.  

David