Valued Participant

Re: Lost IPv6 after modem swap (SB6183)

Did you buy your SB6183 before they modified the compatibility list? GET A REFUND!

Call 212-364-8300

and contact them via

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/our-company/leadership/support.html

You must have a reciept of when you bought the modem and proof that it was BEFORE they modified the compatibility list.

Observer

He doesn't make TWC look incompetent, but TWC does to themselves.

I called and chatted with at least 30 TWC representatives regarding to this issue, from Tier 3,  (not to mention countless low tier ones who only know reseting your modem), and only one had slight clue what I was talking about and willing to take note.

Seriously, I have no doubt TWC can't solve the issue.

Valued Participant

When I contacted TWC Corporate they almost immediately offered me a refund of half of what I paid for my modem in the form of a credit to my account.

Newcomer

this roRe: Lost IPv6 after modem swap (SB6183)

Has this firmware update rolled out to the Cleveland, Ohio area? I have a 6183 that's still running SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH.

If it has been and I'm just missing it somehow, is there a way to force the modem to get the update?

Rookie

Re: this roRe: Lost IPv6 after modem swap (SB6183)

It appears not too many users are monitoring this message board (or at least this thread)

Per the dslreports forum it appears the 6183/6141 firmware update started getting pushed out the second week of October (somewhere about 8 days ago) If you recevied the update and check your SB6183 Web Manager under the Product Information tab you should see Software Version: D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH.  A few TWC customers around the country  said they received the update. I've been checking but unfortunately... as of today I am still on SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH.  Smiley Sad

Observer

I can cofirm that I received the update.  (And that my modem now has a full-fledged ipv6 address, rather than a 6-4 tunnel.)  It's hard to tell from the modem logs, but it looks like the update happened on 10/10.  BTW, I'm on TWC in Manhattan.  (Lower East Side.)

Rookie

Whew! Finally... my modem updated yesterday (Raleigh, NC)

Now showing... D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH

Honestly... the bright lights on the SB6183 never bothered me. Mine is way up on a shelf above everyones line of sight. However I turned my lights off as well.  Why? Because as others have noted, the WB6183 can run HOT!  I know mine certainly does.  It might be my imagination... but with the lights off it now feels less hot. I realize LED's don't get as hot as incadesants... but they still get warm.  Before the top of my modem was uncomfortably hot (way too hot for the electonics) you could smell the plastic giving off fumes like the case was getting ready to melt. With the lights off its still hot but no where near what it used to be. No more melting plastic fumes.