IPv6 with Business Class & Static IPv4

Can business class with a static iPv4 support iPv6? It worked prior to moving to a static IP.

I called support and they said "no"... although I do get IPv6 connectivity from my router (UBNT EdgeRouter), I cannot seem to get the LAN portion to work. 

3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: IPv6 with Business Class & Static IPv4

[ Edited ]

THIS time you can trust the answer from tech support.  Your router is presently locked on a fixed IPv4 address.  You will need DHCP, (not a static v4 address) to be able to see and connect to any IPv6.

[ Edited ]

Thanks Karl . Strange that we still get IPv6 connectivity, just not "full" connectivity.

I do appreciate your reply.

Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

It's not totally illogical - the modem should have an IPv6 address for TWC feature management services, but not for network user data transport.  Transport is the section that is presently limited to running IPv4 static addresses.  If you can get rid of the static IPv4 limitation, you should be able to pull an IPv6 network address.  Technically it is a dynamic assignment, but your public IP only gets changed when the CMTS sees you change to a different modem with a different MAC ID.