Spectator

Re: IPv6 and the SB6183 -- fixed or not

elliotroth wrote:

Follow up information on this issue coming very soon from Phil according to PM I got.

So, by "very soon" you mean August? ;-)

Browser

bcdouglas wrote:

elliotroth wrote:

Follow up information on this issue coming very soon from Phil according to PM I got.

Nah, November.

Browser

thebigzeus11 wrote:

bcdouglas wrote:

elliotroth wrote:

Nah, November.

Of what year?

Observer

That's totally not cool and puts doubt on TWC's tech capability. And TWC resets my modern every few days just for fun?

Browser

k4jh wrote:

thebigzeus11 wrote:

bcdouglas wrote:

elliotroth wrote:

Nah, November.

Of what year?

Browser

[ Edited ]

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/our-company/leadership/overview/hamid-heidary.html

Somebody call Hamid Heidary and see if we can get status of the firmware update?  ;-P

I guess he would have the final say.  I can only guess.   But it does say....

"In this role, he leads the company’s Technology and Network Operations Group, which oversees the selection and testing of new technology, products and services while maintaining all of the company’s current service delivery and network platforms."

Seasoned Contributor

quisp65 wrote:

Somebody call Hamid Heidary and see if we can get status of the firmware update?  ;-P

I guess he would have the final say.  I can only guess.   But it does say....

I'm not sure how serious you are but I thought it went without saying that the acquisition by Charter is likely to have some fall out.  So does the current CTO have anything to do with firmware pushes?  Almost certainly not but Charter management may have made some broad statements (e.g. no more new Maxx for a while) that impinge on non-critical functions.

Community Manager

The firmware update has cleared testing, and is awaiting final approval.  I do not have an exact date as to when rollout will begin-- I appreciate everyone's patience on this, and certainly can understand the concerns.  When I have more info I will post here.

Thanks

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Browser

"I'm not sure how serious you are"

I was just playing around :-).... but look, putting a name on the decision added some pressure and got us a response ;-)

Seasoned Contributor

TWC-PhilB wrote:

The firmware update has cleared testing, and is awaiting final approval.  I do not have an exact date as to when rollout will begin

Thanks for the update.