Seasoned Contributor

Re: IPv6 and the SB6183 -- fixed or not

k4jh wrote:

Still no change. I guess "end of the month" actually meant... something else.

Again I hate to appear to be apologizing for TWC but the correct quote is:

"The latest info that I have is that we hope to begin pushing the updated firmware out by the end of this month. "

which is not the same "end of the month".

Browser

bodosom wrote:

k4jh wrote:

"The latest info that I have is that we hope to begin pushing the updated firmware out by the end of this month. "

Again I don't really care, I want it fixed. Spent $129 on day 1 of release for this modem only for it to be nerfed.

Seasoned Contributor

thebigzeus11 wrote:

Again I don't really care, I want it fixed. Spent $129 on day 1 of release for this modem only for it to be nerfed.

I don't recall addressing any messages to you.  But I will now -- there are various things you can do to resolve your problem but posting messages like this in response to me isn't one of them.  Spending a small amount of money on "day 1" doesn't make you a special case.

Browser

bodosom wrote:

k4jh wrote:

Sure, but I just want an update from TWC, that's why I posted the above.

Seasoned Contributor

k4jh wrote:

Then why did you post a quote out of context?

And why would you expect a more accurate estimate this time?  They've all been overly optimistic.

Browser

bodosom wrote:

k4jh wrote:

Then why did you post a quote out of context?

And why would you expect a more accurate estimate this time?  They've all been overly optimistic.

I called and got nowhere with tech support, so I came here and posted on a thread where a TWC employee posted a deadline (as vague as it was).

That's it.

I have very low expecations on when this will get fixed, so I'm back to a tunnel to have IPv6 at home.

bodosom: have a nice day.

Browser

Follow up information on this issue coming very soon from Phil according to PM I got.

Browser

bodosom wrote:

thebigzeus11 wrote:

I don't recall addressing any messages to you.  But I will now -- there are various things you can do to resolve your problem but posting messages like this in response to me isn't one of them.  Spending a small amount of money on "day 1" doesn't make you a special case.

Please do tell me how "I" will solve this problem. I can flash my own firmware? I dont feel as if I am a special case, who said that?

bodosom: have a nice day.

Browser

elliotroth wrote:

Follow up information on this issue coming very soon from Phil according to PM I got.

Holds breath.Smiley Frustrated

Seasoned Contributor

thebigzeus11 wrote:

Please do tell me how "I" will solve this problem. I can flash my own firmware? I dont feel as if I am a special case, who said that?

Since you went to the trouble of mentioning that you spent "$129 on day 1 of release" I assumed you felt that had some value that elevated you above the rest of us.  Otherwise why would we possibly care?

Some ways to fix your problem:

1) Set up an IPv6 tunnel.  Most people that have more than a passing interest in IPv6 run tunnels unless their ISP is handing out static addresses.

2) Rent an IPv6 compatible modem until the 6183 is updated.

3) Buy another modem (this is the answer I got from TWC).