Participant

Re: IPv6 and the SB6183 -- fixed or not

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/topics/lease-or-buy-modem.html

Fixed the link.  It had a trailing period at the end [for the end of the sentence].

Be kind when possible. It is always possible.
----- Dalai Lama
Seasoned Contributor

Thank you.

Browser

TWC-PhilB wrote:

Hi everyone.  I understand the collective frustration here regarding this issue, especially given that our estimates around a time for resolution have come and gone.  The latest info that I have is that we hope to begin pushing the updated firmware out by the end of this month. 

Thanks again for your patience.

Can you please tell us if the end of the month still holds, as far as IPv6 on the SB6183?

Thanks.

Browser

Getting mighty close to the end of the month.

Seasoned Contributor

While I have no particular urge to defend TWC/Charter actions on this the statement "The latest info that I have is that we hope to begin pushing the updated firmware out by the end of this month. " is not a firm committment and people shouldn't expect it to be one.  Even if PhilB could make a firm statement this isn't one.  "latest info" and "hope" are clearly equivocal.

Spectator

Well I thought something was happening the other night.  Around 2am my modem restarted according to the logs. Hoping to see IPv6 back I logged in to my router but still no luck.  Checked the modem logs and it was still on the old firmware.

Its June 29th, come on TWC!

Browser

Hello July 2nd, good to see you.Smiley Wink

Browser

thebigzeus11 wrote:

Same here. No upgrade, no IPv6 yet.

Browser

k4jh wrote:

thebigzeus11 wrote:

Same here. No upgrade, no IPv6 yet.

Still no change. I guess "end of the month" actually meant... something else.

Browser

Yes, this has been going on too long. I am not appreciating that TWC approved this modem last year for IPv6 and then after I dropped over $100 for it they pulled the approval.

My son bought the SMC for less than $70 and his modem works perfectly.