Observer

Re: IPv6 and the SB6183 -- fixed or not

I too wasted several hours with TWC support people on the phone trying to convince them that

a) IPv6 is disabled on the SB6183

b) TWC _is_ responsoble for the firmware on the modem, even though it is customer-owned

c) Arris can't help me, since they have already released an update for this issue and TWC needs to approve it

Even pointing them to this thread they told me that this isn't official and they are not aware of these problems...

Is there any update as to when this firmware is being released? I just bought a brand new SB6183 after the old one died only to find out that IPv6 was broken afterwards (I guess it had been a long time since my old modem rebooted...).

Thanks,
Eric

Browser

Count me as another annoyed customer, due to this problem with the SB6183 and IPv6.

It's very frustrating.

Rookie

This has been a problem for years, had numerous techs come out, nobody ever believed me, and nobody knows anything about it. It's extremely frustrating.

Seasoned Contributor

Ben64 wrote:

This has been a problem for years, had numerous techs come out, nobody ever believed me, and nobody knows anything about it. It's extremely frustrating.

You've posted in the wrong thread.  This has been a problem since early 2016.

Observer

This is rediculous!  I post in the forum to see why IPv6 isn't working and learn my modem isn't suppored anymore?  Time Warner, STEP UP YOUR GAME!!!  Why didn't the rep over the phone tell me that?!?!?!

Participant

Another month has passed since the last update on this from Spectrum.

Letters received via snail mail about how great Spectrum will be: 2

Updates on status of SB6183 firmware fixing this issue: 0

SB-6183 firmware updates pushed: 0

Update, please, @TWC-PhilB???

Newcomer

Count me in also as another TWC customer whos has been wondering what happened to IPV6.  We are probably not such a small group of users if people knew what was actually going on and began to make noise about it.

I'm sad to hear that Spectrum also "knows" about the issue and hasn't acted to make sure the fix goes out in anything resembling a timely manner.

One day FIOS will wire my apartment building and TWC keeps providing more and more reasons for me to be waiting for that day.   I'm sad to say that I would be surprised if TWC EVER puts out the update.

Observer

Or GOOGLE FIBER!!!!
Rookie

bodosom wrote:

Ben64 wrote:

Sorry no, the ipv6 problem has been around for a long time. Just recently did they actually do something (disabled ipv6)

Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ben64 wrote:

bodosom wrote:

Ben64 wrote:

Sorry no, the ipv6 problem has been around for a long time. Just recently did they actually do something (disabled ipv6)

The SB-6183 only been generally available since late 2014 so "years" and "a long time" is overstating the facts. How long have you had your 6183? Without knowing the problems that resulted in "numerous techs come out" it's not possible to know if you were seeing the TCP option problem which is uncommon because it doesn't effect MSWindows.

In any case a close reading of this thread shows it's really about TWC disabling IPv6 (without notice) on the 6183.