Not applicable

IPv6 Settings

My SB6141 says that I am getting DOCSIS MIMO IPv6 Only and my Modem's IP Mode is IPv6. Can anyone tell me how I should setup by router so that it is using IPv6.

The router is an RTN-66U runing Shibby Tomato ver 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-131 K26 USB AIO-64K and it has the following IPv6 settings that I can set.

Native IPv6 from IPS

DHCPvv6 with Prefix Deligation

6to4 anycast Relay

6to4 Static Tunnel

6rd Relay

6rd from DHCPv4 (option 212)

Other

I am in Orange Coutny California and my ISP is TimeWarner

7 REPLIES
Participant

Re: IPv6 Settings

Set it up as "Native".

Expert

also, "Autodetect wan settings"

The following line is for the CMTS administration interface only, doesn't affect the customer side supposedly....

DOCSIS MIMO IPv6 Only and my Modem's IP Mode is IPv6.

Highlighted
Not applicable

The following line is for the CMTS administration interface only, doesn't affect the customer side supposedly....

Menaing that I am not getting IPv6?

Expert

No, it means that TWC administers the modem by IPv6, not IPv4

Look in the log, you'll see lines like this indicating IPv6 administration:

Smiley Very HappyHCP Renew - lease parameters syslog server-2605:a000:200:1:180:0:2:100;tftp file-?BiABGZgIgBAAAAAAAAAAADOwd6yPXbgmBaAADAIA3EySERFTN7pE@AAAAAD_uqCJzoup0HLQ50DJ3dyZBJr_v

yet I run IPv4 only on my lan

Seasoned Contributor

bsdaiwa wrote:

My SB6141 says that I am getting DOCSIS MIMO IPv6 Only and my Modem's IP Mode is IPv6. Can anyone tell me how I should setup by router so that it is using IPv6.

The router is an RTN-66U runing Shibby Tomato ver 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-131 K26 USB AIO-64K and it has the following IPv6 settings that I can set.

Native IPv6 from IPS

DHCPvv6 with Prefix Deligation

If you want the hosts on your network to get IPv6 addresses set DHCv6 with PD and set the prefix length to 56.

There are various setting on various devices that control this and I haven't used Tomato in years and never with IPv6 so I can't provide more specific first-hand advice but this seems to be the gist of it: http://www.rickygao.com/enable-ipv6-support-for-home-network/

Rookie

For an RT-N66U use ASUSWrt-Merlin build. http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

The firmware and updates are solid and the majority of features most people are looking for are included.

I used dd-wrt and it had some pretty bad performance issues on an RT-N66U. Tomato may work better but just throwing that out there. IPV6 is working and fairly solid with Merlin.

Not applicable

Ok, here's what worked for me, I set my router to DHCPvv6 with Prefix Deligation and that's all and I now have IPv6 on my LAN. Works great!