Observer

Re: IPv6 Arris TG862

Yes, I do pay for phone service. My zip code is 43055.
Expert

Re: 43055 Newark Ohio, IPV6 on a TG862 W phone?

[ Edited ]

Anyone know if in zip code 43055 Newark Ohio, IF  IPV6 works  on a TG862 With emta  phone?\\

Do you have a Vista or newer OS computer with ethernet?

Is your android getting IPv6 from the router?

Observer

Yes, I have a duel boot Win10 and Arch Linux computer. I don't believe I'm getting any ipv6 addresses from the router.
Expert

Conect one of them directly to the 862 and on the first port, repair ethernet/ network connection and see if IPv6 comes up. If it doesn't work, then your out of luck I think

If it does, then your router has an issue, you must use the first ethernet port on the 862 to connect to the WAN of your router as well as autodetect wan settings.

Observer

OK, will do.
Observer

I'm in Heath, Ohio (43056) but share the same office as Newark, Ohio (43055). I do not have phone service and I have a Ubee ddw365. I have connected directly, rebooted it, you name it, and I can't get an IPv6 address. I've even went through some processes to try and see if my firewall/router (pfsense) would grab it. I can't find any definite "yes" that it's here or not. The Time Warner reps act pretty dumb when you start asking about IPv6.

I do know that Zanesville has IPv6 but that's run by a different office that is typically far further ahead than the office here in Newark. This Time Warner was an old Adelphia cable at one point and they are just slow to implement any new technologies.

Participant

You are on DHCP so even if it's a IPv6 capable device doesn't mean that you are going to be given one.   I don't believe I've ever seen IPv6 on that modem type to be honest.  It may be capable like I said but TWC/Spectrum will choose what you get due to DHCP.  Now Technicolors 8715or 8717's are almost gauranteed IPv6 for some reason and Ubee's dvw32cb's  almost always do and arris TG1672's about 25-50% of the time. Just a toss up.