Observer

IPv6 Arris TG862

Today I received a Arris TG862 modem/router. I have heard it supports IPv6, so I went into the admin panel and enabled IPv6. But, I still have not received any IPv6 address. I tried both standalone and bridged with an OpenWRT Linksys EA4500, but to no avail. Does anyone know what the problem is? By the way, I live in the Central Ohio area, so I don't know if IPv6 is enabled here or not.
16 REPLIES
Expert

Re: IPv6 Arris TG862

Do not go thru the router , run a tracert to google.com and see if it shows IPv4 or IPv6 addresses.

If it shows IPv6, you have the router set wrong. I assume you have the 862 in bridged mode....

Observer

I see all ipv4 addresses.
Expert

What OS are you running?

Observer

On what?
Expert

Whatever you direct connected to the 862...

Observer

Android.
Expert

Is the 862 in bridged mode with it's wireless radio off and is your android connected to it with an ethernet cable?

Do you have TWC phone service?

Observer

It's in bridged mode, wireless radio is still on though, and the Android is not connected via Ethernet. I do have phone service, but no phone.
Expert

Arrrgh.

If you're using an external router with wireless, the 862's wireless radio must be off as well as be in bridged mode.

Do you pay for TWC phone service? There are cases where TWC phone and IPv6 are not useable in the same modem

What's your zip, maybe some user here is in that area, I'm up by Cleveland and don't need IPv6 and am waiting until TWC get's it fully implemented. I have a 6141 without any phone service and it appears to be fully IPv6 capable thru a win 7 direct connected laptop