Participant

Re: Did you buy an SB6183 BEFORE they changed the compatibility list? Get a refund!

Already have the 6141. Replaced it with the 6183 to get the Maxx speeds. I'll be in the black on buying the 6183 in another couple of weeks. But merely being in the black is not why I bought my own modem.

Expert

Re: Did you buy an SB6183 BEFORE they changed the compatibility list? Get a refund!

Under charter/spectrums plan, the fastest they will offer is 100/6 and include the modem for $100 a month. Only other leaked price is 60/6 for $60 a month, the real cheap - 1 to 10 meg meg services are to be eliminated.

any existing speeds/ promo's run out Dec 15th 2017. (was Sept 15, 2017)

All maxx speed upgrades are cancelled for now.

Newcomer

I was having issues with my arris sb6183, a tech came out today and said it's something with the modem not connecting to the network, so he swapped in a rental for the time being.
So I found this post and decided to call twc CS, spoke to retention and told them I purchased this modem in January specifically because it was on the compatibility list provided by twc and now it's no longer ipv6 compatible & I'm on the max 300mb/s service, they said they couldn't help me with a refund, spoke to the supervisor and he said the same but he wouldn't transfer me to his boss, so I threatened service cancelation and they didn't budge saying he could only transfer me to billing because he didn't have the extension to corporate, or for me to go to a twc store.
So I was transferred to billing and the rep made a issue tracking case #, said someone would call me back and I should see if I can track down the document that said my 6183 was ipv6 compatible back in January when I purchased it.
Anyone know where I can find that information or anything else I can try to get a refund now that I'm out $100 from purchasing this modem?
Participant

DLovo313 wrote:
I was having issues with my arris sb6183, a tech came out today and said it's something with the modem not connecting to the network, so he swapped in a rental for the time being.
So I found this post and decided to call twc CS, spoke to retention and told them I purchased this modem in January specifically because it was on the compatibility list provided by twc and now it's no longer ipv6 compatible & I'm on the max 300mb/s service, they said they couldn't help me with a refund, spoke to the supervisor and he said the same but he wouldn't transfer me to his boss, so I threatened service cancelation and they didn't budge saying he could only transfer me to billing because he didn't have the extension to corporate, or for me to go to a twc store.
So I was transferred to billing and the rep made a issue tracking case #, said someone would call me back and I should see if I can track down the document that said my 6183 was ipv6 compatible back in January when I purchased it.
Anyone know where I can find that information or anything else I can try to get a refund now that I'm out $100 from purchasing this modem?

Considering the product information specifically states:

Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard

They KNOW this was done, and it's well documented here in the forums.  They just don't want to take responsibility for giving you credit for a device they crippled and have been slow to push out the fix.

When "they" say "Please note, the Arris SB6183 currently does *not* support IPv6.  We continue to wait for updated device firmware to clear internal testing. " they're not being truthful because it DOES support IPv6 and has.

Be kind when possible. It is always possible.
----- Dalai Lama