Browser

Best Dual WAN Router that can support IPv6 and /56 on Spectrum

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get a replacement Router, does not need to be Wireless.

I need Dual WAN supporting Spectrum and Frontier FiOS.

Want to make sure IPv6 will work with Spectrum as it is a crap shoot with it with some routers.

I need automatic WAN Failover as I cannot afford to be offline at my home lab.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Best Dual WAN Router that can support IPv6 and /56 on Spectrum

You said you are running your own home networking lab, so you should already know what is required for a router fed by two separate internet service modems.  It's a custom user configuration that neither Verizon FIOS or Spectrum Cable can support. 

If you are actually trying to determine the reliability of specific devices that appear on Spectrum's list of approved COAM modems, if it's on Spectrum's approved list it is good enough for them.

Expert

He want's a seperate modem and router....  there are no routers on the list, just combocrap...

Probably needs a Cisco and I have no clue if residential will support dual wan especially IPv6...

Established Sharer

I'm told that Spectrum didn't support it with IPv4 a year ago and Verizon said the same thing for their residential users.  It might be different for subscribers of the Business Services sides of those companies.

The particular IPv4 dual install I saw required a media modem and a router on each side, with DHCP enabled on only one router, a jumper between the switch ports, and the addressing and port forwarding set up manually.