Highlighted
Observer

Arris SB6183 and ipv6

When i first purchased my Arris SB6183 early last year ipv6 did not work on it (something i wasn't aware of at time of purchase), then late last year ipv6 started working and now ipv6 is no longer working again. I've tried to find out if ipv6 is currently available for the SB6183 or if it wil be available in the future but there's only conflicting info with no solid answer. So, my question is should i be getting ipv6 currently on my SB6183 and if not, will i be getting it in the future? 

Current firmware on the SB6183 - D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Arris SB6183 and ipv6

What's the date on that firmware?

Supposedly it was fixed/ updated last fall. IPv6 was turned off on those in Jan 2016.

s/b working now, perhaps you have a router issue

Observer

Thanks MsRaye, i couldn't find a date on the 6183 firmware, but the timeline you mentioned does fit with the times i saw ipv6 not working/working. After i read your comment, i connectoed my laptop directly to the modem and after a couple of power cycles and reboots i got an ipv6 addy, so i hooked the router back up and still no ipv6 even after a factory reset and reflash.  Then i tried dd-wrt and ipv6 is working fine with it, so it seems as though the stock linksys firmware is the problem, any guesses on what settings i might try on the stock firmware?

Expert

use the DDWRT, it's better anyway!

There are a lot more settings to mess with and mess up, lol.