Newcomer

400mb service and IPv6? Too much to ask??

Hello all,

I had TWC 300mb internet for the last couple years on a TV/Voice bundle with a TC8717T. Always got better then 300mb and native IPv6. I just got rid of the TV and voice bundle and went with just 400mb Spectrum service. They had me swap my modem to an Arris TM1602 because that's the one I need for 400mb service... Well I get almost exactly the same speeds I was getting with the TC8717 and I lost IPv6, joy.

So is there a modem for data only that supports the high speeds and IPv6 in the Spectrum world?? 

Thanks all for the help.

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: 400mb service and IPv6? Too much to ask??

The only "leased" modem that works is the 8717... Maybe the 8715

See other IPv6 posts

Newcomer

Well I am guessing they swapped me out of that modem because their site says those to are only approved for upto 300mb. Anyone see the TC4400 in the wild yet?? 

Expert

Why do you think you need 400? Wasn't 200 ok? Gaming will get worst. 4- 4k tv streams only needs 100 megs if that.

Call em back tell them the modem won't work for 400 and have them send you one that will.

or cut your speed back and get the modem back that worked. and money back... (money talks) they don't want to lose money!

jc5
N/A

Yes, that would be too much to ask. The TM1602 won't do it. You can supposedly get 400 with IPv6 by purchasing an Arris SB6190, but like the TM1602, it is based on the Puma 6 and all its issues. I went back to 300 on an 8717 to get IPv6 back. I was told by one chat agent that I could pickup a TC4400 from a store, but after going to the store and then spending over an hour on the phone, was told that the chat agent was incorrect and I would not be allowed to have a TC4400 on the 400 plan, as those are only installed by technicians for Spectrum Internet Gig.