Newcomer

unlock ports

Hi I have a new link storage and I can't connect with my mobil device, because all ports are lock.... I asked a spectrum support and then told me that everything is open. I did a factory reset of my router, but nothing happens. If I check the port if is open.... no is close. 

Can help me somebody? thank you

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: unlock ports

LukasMinarik wrote:

Hi I have a new link storage and I can't connect with my mobil device, because all ports are lock.... I asked a spectrum support and then told me that everything is open. I did a factory reset of my router, but nothing happens. If I check the port if is open.... no is close. 

Can help me somebody? thank you

Buy your own wireless router.  Buy one with large external antennas.  Have your cable company owned modem / router combo device set to bridge mode (by them).  Save the $5 per month wi-fi fee and take control of your LAN.

Expert

All in ones are total junk, optioms are limited by the cable co even if you own it... As said above, buy a real router that you have total access to. 

They do not do any advanced routing.

Observer

I am not sure if this helps, but you may want to check your firewall. I had the same situation and that was the answer for me. Best of Luck! JJ

Observer

What is the model /Brand of your router or AIO router?