Wireless stopped working on ARRIS DG1670A

I just started experiencing brief Internet outages yesterday.  My PC is hardwired to my router, and it lost Internet connectivity for about 10 minutes.  When I checked if there was an outage, none was reported.  I had the same thing happen today, and when I called support, after noting that the device appeared to be off-line and the Online router light was not lit at all, they said it appeared something was wrong with my modem, which did not reconnect to the Internet while I was on the support call.  After I hung up, the Internet connectivity came back (light solid blue), but then, my wireless router lights went out.  I logged in to the router, and the Enable checkboxes for 2.4 and 5G are unchecked and grayed out - I cannot enable them.  I have not been able to find anything about how to troubleshoot this problem.  I have unplugged the modem, Reset the modem via the login page, no change.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Wireless stopped working on ARRIS DG1670A

cgerman wrote:

I just started experiencing brief Internet outages yesterday.  My PC is hardwired to my router, and it lost Internet connectivity for about 10 minutes.  When I checked if there was an outage, none was reported.  I had the same thing happen today, and when I called support, after noting that the device appeared to be off-line and the Online router light was not lit at all, they said it appeared something was wrong with my modem, which did not reconnect to the Internet while I was on the support call.  After I hung up, the Internet connectivity came back (light solid blue), but then, my wireless router lights went out.  I logged in to the router, and the Enable checkboxes for 2.4 and 5G are unchecked and grayed out - I cannot enable them.  I have not been able to find anything about how to troubleshoot this problem.  I have unplugged the modem, Reset the modem via the login page, no change.  Any ideas?

You didn't give us a hint, but I am guessing that you rent the gateway router from Spectrum.  If the WiFi checkboxes on the control page worked properly before but they are greyed out now, TWC turned off your WiFi after your phone call.  You will need to call in again and tell Spectrum to restore your WiFi.  Don't hang up with them until you see the wireless lights turn on again.

Expert

Re: Wireless stopped working on ARRIS DG1670A

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages.. You have signal issues that cannot be repaired on the phone.

TWC/ spectrum turned off the wireless... I assume you own the unit?