Observer

Re: WIFY channel contention with a powerful neighbor and cannot change my wireless router's channel

page 23 of the pdf manual has the instructions to change channel

Observer

Re: WIFY channel contention with a powerful neighbor and cannot change my wireless router's channel

I will certainly consider that. I have enough stuff I have collected over the years to try . The current situation is intollerable , Can't even install a wireless printer due to the interference.

Can actually see it with a wifi monitor program like  Netspot or  inSSider4. I may be a bit crazy 

but that is a different issue altogether. I have the pdf from sagemcom but see nothing like that. I have Wireless Router User Manual F@st 5260 V3.0 (April 2017) 253594684.  That portion seems  to have been redacted. Lucky me. Page 23 in the manual I have talks about

Setting up Parental Controls.  In the docs I have Change the Wi-Fi Channel is only mentioned on page 19. Where did you get the one you have ?.  Anyhow looks like have to call tech support on this  one.  the one I have says.

Changing your Local Access Password
Your local access username and password provide access to your web GUI account. Do not share this information as it allows users to change your router settings or disable your Internet connection.
1. Log in to the web GUI.
2. Click on Access Control.
3. Select the User tab.
4. Ensure admin is entered for the Username.
5. If you want your password to display, select the Show Password box.
6. Enter the old password.
7. Enter the new password in the Password field.
8. Confirm the new password in the Confirm Password field.
9. Click Apply.
Configuring your Wi-Fi Networ

Configuring your Wi-Fi Network
This section describes how to:
• Turn your Wi-Fi on and off
• Change your wireless network name (SSID), and broadcast your SSID
• Change your Wi-Fi channel
• Change network encryption and your network password

Is yours the same ? Guess I will have to try end see.

Helper

It's the same page...Page 19 of the actual document is on page 23 of the PDF.

Observer

Man I may need to rename this thread adventures of a Linux bigot.
Established Sharer

If you're suspecting that the Sagemcom router is a "hunk of junk", I'd say that you're on the right track.  I would recommend that you purchase your own wireless router, one with external antennas and reasonably good reviews (plenty to choose from over at Newegg.com), replace the Sagemcom router with it, configure it, and enjoy better wireless service than the Sagemcom unit would ever be able to provide.  Once you're convinced that your new router is doing the job right, turn in the Sagemcom unit, making sure that you get a receipt for it and verify that it no longer shows in your equipment list when you log in to the Spectrum website, and get that $5 per month wireless charge removed from your bill.  Depending on which router you choose, it could "pay for itself" in less than a year.

Established Sharer

The SagemCom unit does include dual-band WiFi radios.  If you cannot change the channel as many have suggested, you might also consider using the 5 GHz band instead of 2.4 GHz.