Rookie

Ubee DVW32C1 and HP Envy 7855, Mac/iPhone/iPad issue

Hello, 

Any assist or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have read through other forum posts and websites trying to fix this myself and nothing has worked.

I have Mac OS High Sierra, iPad, iPhones on my network, Spectrum rented Ubee DVW32C1 router/modem combo. I am trying to maintain communication between these devices and my HP ENVY 7855. I have been able to have communication multiple times but then after several hours or overnight, the communication is lost. I have set a static IP on the printer, which ultimately failed. I have cancelled that and set a static IP within the router, failed. I have asked Spectrum if they would send me a different brand router and was told I could take this to a store to change it out but am wanting to see if there are any other suggestions before I do this.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Ubee DVW32C1 and HP Envy 7855, Mac/iPhone/iPad issue

It must use an ethernet connection

Expert

you also need to set up the router so that the dhcp start is 192.168.0.100 and the printer is on 192.168.0.99 .

In the wireless, turn off scan and lock it on channel 3 or 8

That should eliminate the variables.

Rookie

Thanks for the info. I have the printer as 192.168.0.99. Router is DHCP 192.168.0.100. I have set the wireless to channel 3. I didn’t see an option to turn off scan. This was working when I went to bed last night, now communication is lost again.
This may sound stupid but I am about at my knowledge limit. ...you mentioned this needs to be Ethernet. Do you mean running Ethernet cord from router to printer but will still be able to print from wireless devices?

Thanks again.
Proven Sharer

smsbean wrote:
 Do you mean running Ethernet cord from router to printer but will still be able to print from wireless devices?

HP printers are notorious for having wonky wifi connections. If your printer is direct connected to the router it will always be connected to the network. Your wireless devices should then always be able to find the printer on the network.

Expert

Verify the router was still on ch 3.... if it changed that's an issue. Normally, changing auto to a channel number turns off scan...

Next issue is the wireless dhcp lease time.. It needs to be set at a day not an hour.

And yes It will have a reliable connection on ethernet and provided that there's no AP isolation turned on, wireless and wired can talk to one another.