Newcomer

UBEE DVW32CB Disconnects Printers - Need Settings

[ Edited ]

1st Problem

This question is about 2 BRAND NEW BROTHER PRINTERS.  INKJET J985DW AND LASER L2340DW -  Ubee DVW32CB Modem/Router Troubleshoot", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I have spent days trying to get my MacBook Pro (Sierra 10.12) ELCAPITAN YOSEMITE to consistently recognize my new PRINTERS.

If I reset everything, the printer will work for ONE job and next time I go to print the printer will be "offline" according to all of my computers constantly dropping off. 

Will only print on 2.4 ghz,  VERY ANNOYING having to switch to 5 to surf and 2.4 to print very annoying, and then it drops off and have to reinstall the printer to get it to work. 

I have tried many fixes but none work consistently.
 A setting on the Ubee is either causing this, or could a setting be changed so that this problem is solved?

I notice that even though I set my network to 2.4, at some point it switchs to 5 and I think that is when the connection between the MBP and the printer is lost.

I am totally frustrated WITH YOUR MODEM.  I can log in to the Ubee but I do not know enough on my own to change any of the settings.

LETS GET THIS RESOLVED I CALLED TECH SUPPORT AND THE CHANGES DID NOT HELP.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SET THE LEASE TIMES LONGER, or manually input the Mac address of each printer ????

2nd PROBLEM

When I plug an ethernet cable directly into the modem my download speeds are only 100 down why is not the full 300 ? ? ? ?  

I await ur reply

2 REPLIES
Valued Participant

Re: UBEE DVW32CB Disconnects Printers - Need Settings

How do you configure the printers in the network ? DHCP, static IP or P2P?

What type of ethernet cable used to connect device to modem ? CAT 5, 6? What's the device capability 10/100/1000?

Expert

Re: UBEE DVW32CB Disconnects Printers - Need Settings

printers must be on static ip's and ethernet cables to work reliably, DHCP must be a day and start at 192.168.0.100 on up, printers go at 192.168.0.99, 98 etc

If there are intererence lines in the log causing resets, you need to lock the wireless scan off and onto ch 3 or8