Highlighted
Newcomer

Spectrum Gig installed now Can't watch Spectrum TV App. Router issue?

So yesterday I got Spectrum Gig installed with a Technicolor TC4400 modem and they gave me a Askey Router rac2v1k. With everytihing hooked up and running none of my devices on wifi or connected to the router won't load all the channels in the Spectrum app. It says "Please connect to Spectrum internet" As if I was away from home.

Now, if I connected my PC directly to the cable modem via Ethernet no router it works perfect online. I can see all channels. Is there some DNS issue with my router?? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Spectrum Gig installed now Can't watch Spectrum TV App. Router issue?

DNS issue then it would be unable to load the site at all. If the site loads but doesn't display channels or let you login it is more likely to be an account setup issue.  The streaming server does not recognize the IP address and or mac address of the router they provided (depending on what they identify your account and location by) as connecting from a valid location to stream to. 

I do not have gig internet but have experienced similar problems after maintenance was done in my area and I received a new IP address.  I had to call into support and they had to escalate to another group that had to correct the issue and they called me back after several hours to confirm that I now

Valued Contributor

Re: Spectrum Gig installed now Can't watch Spectrum TV App. Router issue?

When the system detected the new MAC address of the router, It may have changed the public IP address, and that address may be linked to geolocation data that puts you out of the market somehow. You can check this by going to a site like https://myip.ms or https://www.speedguide.net (they have a TCP Analyzer that gives various details about your connection). If it is a dramatically different address with router than when direct connect, that may well be the issue. This may need to be escalated to a higher tier than the typical helpdesk team.