Saving my regular home devices to a reserved IP and my direct TV box's to

Should I save my devices  which is 2 smartphones and 1 tablet and 3 direct TV boxes for being allowed on my network and have a reserved IP for them.... 

Also how can I change the main name on the connected device I have a technicolor TC8715D modem.  And I've read this is a crap modem and has slot of issues and I've been having a couple.  And what do I have to do and pay a month to get 1 of the top 3 modems you all offer and I have the fastest speed package. 

Chris Jr
5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Saving my regular home devices to a reserved IP and my direct TV box's to

[ Edited ]

No such thing as a "reserved IP" on the client/lan side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserved_IP_addresses

Valued Participant

Chrisjr1985 wrote:

Should I save my devices  which is 2 smartphones and 1 tablet and 3 direct TV boxes for being allowed on my network and have a reserved IP for them.... 

Also how can I change the main name on the connected device I have a technicolor TC8715D modem.  And I've read this is a crap modem and has slot of issues and I've been having a couple.  And what do I have to do and pay a month to get 1 of the top 3 modems you all offer and I have the fastest speed package. 

I'm sure you meant to say static IP? Don't know what issues you're having. Spectrum provisioned the leased modem according to your rated speed. I don't know what top 3 you're referring to, but if you want your own modem, it has to be on the approved list.

[ Edited ]

I have the fastest speed spectrum offers. And NO I DONT WANT TO OWN JUST WANT TO KEASE LIKE IM DOING now...  

I tell u what I'm having so much trouble and I'm seriously going to switch if I don't get these issues fixed.  

And what I meant by top 3 is... I saw Plenty of modems that run at 30 or 300 most...  And out of all the ones that run at the fastest speed I want 1 of the top 3 ones.  So that means to where I don't buffer  and have to switch modems channel every day or unplug the modem everyday...  First 2 or 3 months ran perfect..  Besides dropping connection once or 3 times daily... And I'm having a huge buffering issue and literally I moved modem only 15 to 20 ft a2ay from the device... 

So what ever the top 3 modems are that spectrum offers on lease program and I prefer to have an anntana in the back.  Is what I want...  I read that the technicolor TC8715D is just a piece of crap modem and u don't have access to settings like most modems...  

So out of all the modems that have the highest rate of speed I want 1 of the top 3 brands with tons better relibilty 

Chris Jr
Valued Participant

I hope you realize that this is P2P support, if you don't think you get the answer to your issue, I suggest you call Spectrum customer's service.

Established Sharer

Chrisjr1985 wrote:

First 2 or 3 months ran perfect..  Besides dropping connection once or 3 times daily...

Ummmm...if your previous set up dropped the connection "once or 3 times daily" things most certainly did not run perfect.  Maybe you have always had some line or signal issue and moving the jack has only exacerbated the problem.