Highlighted
Spectator

Router issues

I recently went and bought a router so I could get WiFi. I bought an R6220 netgear router. I’ve set it up, followed the install instructions to the T, but it isn’t getting internet access, or drops the connection as soon as I go to finish the install. The only fix I’ve found is unplugging the Ethernet cable from the modem and plugging it back in. Doing it from the routers end doesn’t seem to fix it, so I was assuming it’s an issue with the modem. When I am able to connect and try to finish it, it doesn’t obtain the physical address, subnet mask, or gateway address from the modem. I’ve tried manually entering but it still fails. Is this an issue I’d have to call spectrum about? Possibly bridging or allowing the device anyway? I’ve already spent roughly 2 hours with netgear to no avail.
2 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Router issues

Is your currrent modem a combination modem/router?  If so, then yes the modem will need to be put into bridge mode.   You will need to call into spectrum to have thme do this for you. 

Spectator

Re: Router issues

No it’s not. I actually figured it out last night. I had to access the router settings and set it from NAT secured, to NAT open. Then call spectrum and have them set the modem to bridge mode. It’s working now.