Highlighted
Newcomer

RE: ARRIS DG1670 FOR A NEW WIFI MODEM

Dear forum readers,

This is my first post on this forum and hello to everyone. I dont know anything abt networking. My question is , can you recomend me a wifi modem that same features  as ARRIS DG1670? I want to have a strong wifi which  my second room signals are very weak . For now i installed  an extended wifi receiver for my second room.  i had an 'extreme internet' connection.

Thank you

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: RE: ARRIS DG1670 FOR A NEW WIFI MODEM

You need a seperate modem and router with the router having visible not internal antennas

It should be near center of the house and away from walls/metal objects

Newcomer

Im happy with the extended wifi now but i want to buy my own modem/router. Can i use  NETGEAR - AC1600 Wireless Router with DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-ac1600-wireless-router-with-docsis-3-0-cable-modem-black/4562303...

Established Sharer

Makro wrote:

Im happy with the extended wifi now but i want to buy my own modem/router. Can i use  NETGEAR - AC1600 Wireless Router with DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-ac1600-wireless-router-with-docsis-3-0-cable-modem-black/4562303...

Yes you can...but most people here recommend separate modems and routers, not the all-in-ones.

Established Sharer

You need to buy two SEPARATE devices.  First, a modem unit and second, a standalone router with WiFi and 3 or more big ugly external antennas.  Do NOT buy a combination 'All-In-One' gateway unit like tyhe ones TWC will rent to you.

Spectrum Employee

Absolutely, seperate modem should be something in the arris line, preferably an sb6183 for best performance. Your choice in routers is also fairly well put, and that is a good router in my own experience.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.