Not applicable

Ports won't open.

I am wanting to host a game server on my pc but the ports i need won't open. I have the Arris TM1602 modem and Sagemcom Fast 5260 wireless router which was provided by Spectrum. I did port forwarding on the router also set the inbound and outbound rules as well on my pc still the ports will not open so does anybody have any suggestion on what I could be doing wrong. I am wired straight to the roughter by the way.

3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Ports won't open.

@TaraB wrote:

I am wanting to host a game server on my pc but the ports i need won't open. I have the Arris TM1602 modem and Sagemcom Fast 5260 wireless router which was provided by Spectrum. I did port forwarding on the router also set the inbound and outbound rules as well on my pc still the ports will not open so does anybody have any suggestion on what I could be doing wrong. I am wired straight to the roughter by the way.

What services do you have?  Video, phone, and internet?

If you are paying the $5 wi-fi fee, they control the router's functions.  Use your own, get the cable company out of your network, and save the $5 per month fee.  If you have an old router laying around, use that instead and see if you can get your ports open.

Not applicable

Internet

Established Sharer

If you are renting your modem from Spectrum those ports are probably hard-blocked.  When you read the Internet Terms of Service you'll see that regular home users aren't allowed to host a server for the use or benefit of others.  Doesn't say anything about trying to make a profit, just no servers.  You need a business subscription to do that.