N/A

Parental Controls for Sagemcom f@st5260 router

Hello folks,

I had to replace my UBEE router/modem combo from Spectrum with an Arris modem and a Sagemcom f@st 5260 router.  I got into the settings to try to limit internet access from 12am to 6am.  I used the sliders and made them "red" from "0 hr to "6" (in-between 4 and 8 hrs) for all devices.  This may have worked, but this evening from about 7-9pm, the devices could not access the internet.  I spent time on the phone with Spectrum, but nice as they were, they only had the manual, which doesn't give instructions on how to actually use the controls other than just pointing you in that direction.  I had to clear and "allow" all devices, which restored access.

Does anyone know how to implement these parental controls properly?  I noticed a "Gateway clock" at the bottom of this window as well -- does this relate to the sliders in any way?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

- DJ

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Parental Controls for Sagemcom f@st5260 router

You have the wrong time zone selected ..

set it for your correct US time zone, it's on GMT-0 right now...

Established Sharer

Since you didn't mention specifically where you are located, here's some help:

Eastern = GMT-5

Central = GMT-6

Mountain = GMT-7

Pacific = GMT-8

So when it is midnight in London, it is 5 hours earlier in NYC, which is 7 PM EST.

N/A

Thanks so much -- I found the option in the "Maintenance" tab in Router settings, for anyone looking!

N/A

Thanks so mich!