Newcomer

Netgear nighthawk cable modem AC 1900

Is this modem comparable with Spectrum? Is anyone using it and have any comments on it's performance?
3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Netgear nighthawk cable modem AC 1900

Vincenzo wrote:
Is this modem comparable with Spectrum? Is anyone using it and have any comments on it's performance?

If I'm not mistaken the AC1900 is a router, not a modem. Having said that...yes you can use it in combination with your own modem or a leased modem (in bridge mode and wifi disabled if leasing a combo unit).

Established Sharer

reds91185 wrote:

Vincenzo wrote:

If I'm not mistaken the AC1900 is a router, not a modem. Having said that...yes you can use it in combination with your own modem or a leased modem (in bridge mode and wifi disabled if leasing a combo unit).

Since it is not a modem it does not directly receive signals from the cable.  Instead it connects to a modem (separate box) via an ethernet cable, and broadcasts on one or two WiFi channels.  I don't recall anyone providing performance reviews here in the Forums.  Instead you can read about them in various blogs written by folks who may have significant monetary interests in the results. 

Spectator

The nighthawk ac1900 is a router. If you are looking to get a modem you can check the TWC list for approved modems. I have a Technicolor TC8717 modem and it works great with my Nighthawk ac1900 router. If you are wanting to use the Nighthawk as a router don't forget to disable the modem wifi signals and put the modem in bridge mode. Goodluck!