Spectator

Logging into the Technicolor TC4400 D3.1 modem

I just upgraded to Gig Service and it's been a good experience so far. The only area I'm struggling with is logging into the the Technicolor TC4400 using the standard name and password to verify a few settings as well as monitor signal status (if available). 

When I called, no one at Spectrum support could access the modem. They asked me to reset it to factory default and even after doing so, neither they nor I could access the modem using what are belived to be the standard name and password (admin/password). They sent out a field tech, he could not do it either.

Has anyone been able to login into the the Technicolor TC4400 D3.1 modem? If so what name and password did you use?

7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Logging into the Technicolor TC4400 D3.1 modem

@solivan

You have the correct default username and password.  If the issue is not resolved,  we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Spectator

I will call again Tomorrow @James_M. Is there an escalation path in case I do not get a satisfactory response?

Community Manager

@solivan

I did a bit more research.   Since the 1Gig speeds are new, I needed to check on the process.  Gig speeds include a modem and a router.  For this speed, we put the modem in bridge mode and the user interface is disabled.  Any configuration changes need to be completed through the router.   Hope this helps and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.  You can also contact us at  Forums_Help if you need more assistance.  

James 

Spectator

Ok @James_M. So for the record there is no way to look at the signal/channel bonding and all traffic is passed through directly, correct?

Thiugh this revelation makes it puzzling as one of the things I have noticied is that UPnP is not working -- even though it is enabled on the Askey Router. 

Established Sharer

Spectrum can access the modem remotely, but they believe the end user does not need to see any data or adjust any setttings.  Very few Gigabit subscribers are capable of servicing their own equipment, but they sure could mess up a large metro area.

Spectator

@karlbeckman As I mentioned, Spectrum tech support could not access the modem remotely. Hence why they had me reset it and later sent a field tech. Quite honestly, the customer has a right to see basic items, specifically things like signal levels/bonded chanels, etc... To say otherise is pure nonsense. Furthermore, I previously owned and managed my own modems just fine mind you. I'm hoping Spectrum certifies customer owned DOCSIS 3.1 modems at some point soon so that I can go back to managing my own equipment at the new service level.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

I've never seen that "right" expressed in any of the FCC rules or in Spectrum's Terms and Conditions.  However, I agree that you and I, and all other subscribers should have view-only access to the event/status and signal level report pages of a rented modem.  And I would welcome an orders of magnitude improvement in the capabilities of the chat and phone tech help staff.