Newcomer

E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection

Short version - I´ve been trying to connect my DirecTv Genie (HR44/700) to my network. I´ve been through both sets of directions to connect - wireless and wired.  When I ran the DTV error check, it kicked out the following diagnostic code - 71-73-94-053. I am reluctant to call customer service since my last call was spent saying ¨no¨ over and over to the representative trying to up-sell premium channels, etc instead of making the appointment for a tech to reset the dish.

I´m not sure what else to do at this point. My in-home wifi is working.

Background - After connectivity issues, I was provided a new modem, the E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem.   Currently, there is a direct (DTV) cable connection to the back of the modem. A NETGEAR R6700 NIghthawk router is plugged into the only ethernet port on the back. There are 2 telephone ports, but that´s it. There is no WPS button. The modem came with a Quick Installation Guide book, but it is not useful. I can´t even find the modem listed on Spectrum´s site. The technician who installed the modem had to call in for help with the set-up since it was new to him as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY
Newcomer

Re: E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem, no WPS and only 1 ethernet port vs. DirecTv connection

Hi! Trying to clarify, you said you've plugged the modem with a direct TV cable connection, do you mean the coax for direct TV?

Because the coax that connects to the modem should be provided by Spectrum. And the Direct tv connect via ethernet/ or wifi...

WPS buttons won't appear on this as it's a modem onl. That button is WiFi Protected Setup.