Highlighted

Does TWC have any separate modem and router setups to replace my 2nd terrible TG1672G?

To start I'm a former employee and my brother is a still a system tech but has been away from repair long enough to be no help on this subject.  

Anyway, I'm on my second TG1672G with the same wifi problems everyone else has with it with dropping speeds and signal loss.  I know most all in one's are terrible anyway and since I've dropped the phone I wanted to see if they have any separate 5ghz routers or even a good modem/router combo with 5ghz.  I've got someone coming out Monday and if they have a good setup I'll tell my brother to make sure the repairman has it on his truck.  

Or if anyone can recommendation a router that I could find a deal on I have been trying to convince my wife we just need to get a new one and stop paying for it every month.  If worse comes to worse I've got my old 2.4ghz router but I've got a couple 5ghz devices and a little extra speed is always nice. 

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Does TWC have any separate modem and router setups to replace my 2nd terrible TG1672G?

stick it in bridged mode and use your own router....

Spectrum Employee

Re: Does TWC have any separate modem and router setups to replace my 2nd terrible TG1672G?

jaredschaefer wrote:

To start I'm a former employee and my brother is a still a system tech but has been away from repair long enough to be no help on this subject.  

Anyway, I'm on my second TG1672G with the same wifi problems everyone else has with it with dropping speeds and signal loss.  I know most all in one's are terrible anyway and since I've dropped the phone I wanted to see if they have any separate 5ghz routers or even a good modem/router combo with 5ghz.  I've got someone coming out Monday and if they have a good setup I'll tell my brother to make sure the repairman has it on his truck.  

Or if anyone can recommendation a router that I could find a deal on I have been trying to convince my wife we just need to get a new one and stop paying for it every month.  If worse comes to worse I've got my old 2.4ghz router but I've got a couple 5ghz devices and a little extra speed is always nice. 

If you want really great 5ghz coverage on AC speeds, having addittional APs would be the better way to go. Theres a couple ways to do this but I figure it would be about 250-350 dollar range. It would involve some MoCA bridges and someone to run the line for you. If you're interested I can talk about it some more.

If you already have whole house DVR you could even skip the MoCa bridges...

I am a TWC employee and my postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s strategies or opinions.
I am posting of my own volition; not on the clock nor being paid to share this post