N/A

Connect NetGear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 to Spectrum Arris Modem/Router

Hi everyone! Is it possible to connect another wireless router (NetGear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400) to the  Arris Modem/Router combo that was provided from Spectrum? Eventually I will return the Arris and get the normal modem, but just wanted to see if it was possible. My goal is to be able to wireless upload picture and videos through my router. Thanks for your help! Any suggestions or comments on the matter would be great! 

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Connect NetGear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 to Spectrum Arris Modem/Router

Yes, Put the arris in bridge mode and turn off the wireless radios, use an external router with wireless. connect it's wan to the arris's first ethernet port.

connect your wired devices to your new routers lan ports.

But they don't offer any sort of normal modem, just all in one combo's

Newcomer

Re: Connect NetGear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400 to Spectrum Arris Modem/Router

Yes, I had Spectrum to disable their Arris router (it took some doing on their part) since I already had the NetGear N600.  The Arris is necessary for their telephone service, though. 

I also don't use their e-mail service, using yahoo or gmail instead. For  in the future,  if I change to another provider (likely if prices keep going up, I won't have to change e-mail service.