Expert

Re: Can't log into cable modem in bridge mode

Ok, good, your static ip devices need to be outside the dhcp assignments.

Google that modems model and "bridge mode password" & "twc" ... someone should have found it

Observer

oK....I'll try that - not optimistic though since that's how I started this whole process....thanks for your help!

Expert

NYC was doing a password of the week, maybe other places as well

There's also the super user & password, the one with the numbers in place of vowels...

Observer

Sorry, not the modems fault, truth be told, Time Warner has no modems, it's a holdover just like I'm going to Xerox this document. .. making a photographic copy. .. Now, the possible modes for a "cable modem", are as follows. .. "NAT" "ROUTE" "NAT ROUTE" and "BRIDGE", all of the modes except bridge are router modes, bridge mode is very simply. Making the cable modem a network "bridge" which no longer even looks at an ip address, is simply a bridge between the DOCSIS3 and Ethernet ports. All it does is passes packets, now back to no modems and why I say that... It comes from the Latin "Analogus modula digite modula analogus" [actually it's MOdulate-DEModulate, or convert sound waves to a digital representation that computers can understand and back] so in actuality, we have "Brouters" or "Bridge Routers" they "bridge" Coax to Ethernet networks, and route traffic, and if more than one Ethernet port, or wireless, then also included is a switch, (the switch is silent, and normally unmanaged. If the modem is in bridge, it is dumb. .. The double NAT is a pain, instead of bridge mode, see if there is a dmz option, that may possibly do what you are asking. .. The double NAT issue comes from there being a limited space to write that information in the packets, basically it's a return address, as it goes out, it's written so the other end can mark the packets is sending with that tag so it knows where to go, but if you have two layers of NAT, the first router puts the sticker on the package, then the second router (modem) puts it's sticker on after peeling the first one off, when the packages come back, the first router (modem) sees the tag it put on, peels it off and hands off to the second router, which sees there's no label, and shrugs and drops it into /dev/null...
Hi
Newcomer

Did you ever get this to work? I have an Aiport Express I'd like to connect to the DG860A modem, but I have not due to it looking like it doesn't work. Any advice/tips are appreciated. Did you have to call TWC to get the Arris in bridge mode?

Rookie

To all those that still have this problem, (i know this is two years old) once you type in 192.168.100.1 and get the page that was in the posted snapshot click on wireless, it will take you to the modem's login page where you can put in the username and password.  For most of twc's arris modems its admin and password. Smiley Very Happy  If that doesn't work try 192.168.100.1:8080 in the address bar.  Good luck!

Newcomer

http://192.168.100.1:8080 brought login page up for me when I was locked out due to changing land mode to bridged.

Thanks!