Participant

Re: Blu Ray stopped connecting to WiFi , won't accept Network Connection Settings

Wireless Options

Radio Mode: 802.11n omly (5GHz)

Radio Channel: Automatic

Established Sharer

Re: Blu Ray stopped connecting to WiFi , won't accept Network Connection Settings

helenwaite wrote:

Wireless Options

Yup, somehow the 2.4 GHz band radio has been turned off.  You should be able to switch it back on by selecting a different menu check box that shows both bands.  Then reconnect the BluRay to the WiFi.

Participant

I was getting all excited  - but I don't see any option thar shows both radio modes yet I feel that "the truth is out there" !

The four choices I see in Airport Utility Wireless Options pulldown menu  are:

Radio Mode:

802.11n  (802.11b/g compatable )

802.11n  only (2.4Ghz )

802.11n  (802.11a compatable)

802.11n  only (5GHz)

Radio Channel:

Automatic

Established Sharer

Looks like you're using an old version of Airport Utility. The new version no longer has Radio Mode.  Which Radio Mode option do you have selected? The radio channels you posted refer to 5ghz, not 2.4. 

Your old blu-ray needs 2.4ghz and may only be b or g compatible, so I would try selecting 802.11n (b/g compatible) and see what happens....or get a new player that recognizes 5ghz. 

FYI...what is the model number of the blu-ray player?

Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

I agree fully with Reds91185

Pick the top line - 802.11n (802.11b/g compatable) - Apple could have chosen more informative descriptions for those options.
Radio channel selection is for the 5 GHz WiFi band, you can pick any one of the first four. It will not affect the BluRay which is on 2.4 GHz.

Participant

Hi reds91185 -  here is what's currently selected:

Wireless Options

The Blu-Ray is Panasonic  BDT220

Expert

Run an ethernet cable and lose the wireless, it will never be reliable even if working...

Agreed, you should have the Airport on the top b/g line to turn on the 2.4 gHz radio

Established Sharer

helenwaite wrote:

Hi reds91185 -  here is what's currently selected:

Wireless Options

The Blu-Ray is Panasonic  BDT220

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/DMP-BDT220.html

Product was introduced in March 2012.  This web page includes links to a Nov 2013 firmware update that addresses several earlier problems including the wireless and BluRay interfaces.  If you have not yet updated your player, please do that first.  The page also has a pdf of the operating manual. 

Participant

It Works !!!!!! Re: Blu Ray stopped connecting to WiFi , won't accept Network Connection Settings

Dear Everyone,

I don't exactly know what happened, but it's working !
Changed things in the Airport Utility,  manually changed various settings in the BluRay network Settings  ( gateway, subnet, etc)   and finally saw my network name on the list.

I  got online , was able to access my Network Services from Blu-Ray and was able to stream again.

Everyone  gave such great information, were so patient and helpful !  i would hug you all if   I could.
Thank you so very much!!!!

Participant

What a find !  I'm onna check the firmware.  
Isn't it nice to learn that these things are actual issues and not "operator error" ?  Man LOL